Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Range Computer Accuracy

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi all

Just wondering, your onboard range computer, do you find it tends to jump around some times, most times, all times even may be?

Mine tends to go from 99.9mpg to 45.9mpg to 23.9mpg to 7mpg and all sorts of random figures in between, could it be faulty? It doesn't bother me as i never make use of it anyway, just curious thats all.

Admittedly, i have removed my unit several times over the years, always very very carefully each time, messing around with swapping stereos, connections etc!

Let me know your thoughts guys, thank you.

Sammy

Sounds like you're referring to the 'instantaneous fuel consumption' reading, which will fluctuate, and sometimes show quite dramatic changes. It was the same with my 2006 Corolla, my 2009 Auris and my current 2012 Auris.

Try changing the display to 'average fuel consumption', which will show a more constant figure

• Like 1

Try changing the display to 'average fuel consumption',

Hi Sammy

+1 , its the display with the little funny Average symbol to the left of the mpg figure.

Also, any comment on my new Coolant post below, ever noticed your header tank level dropping over the years ?