Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help,

stevieg43

Hi,

Im new to this forum and im seeking help, tonight on the way home from work my N/S front light bulb blew low beam, and since this happened I have the red Battery light on and water in fuel warning light on and also the water in the oil light on too. the alternator also makes a nasty whirring noise has done since I purchased it 2 years ago.

regards

steve

Replace the bulb and have the alternator checked, also check for any water ingress due to the extreme weather conditions.

alternator --- > check condition of connections / degrease them; have multi tester and measure charging voltage;

oil level ---> be sure you have no an oil drinking issue;

water in fuel filter ----> time to time you should drain fuel sludge from filter housing -- it is normal.

PS, Welcome to the club... Enjoy :driving:

had this on an Auris yesterday at work. Was a broken wire coming off the alternator and corrosion on a connector. Once that was fixed all lights went off

Alex

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to Avensis club

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links