Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatic Folding Mirrors

tarquin

Hi Taz

Going to send you a PM with folding mirror details

David

• 1 month later...

Hello David

May I ask you:

where are you with this project?

Actually I plan to do the same thing on my IQ, mainly to get a visual check that I correctly locked the doors.

Usually I leave the car and 3 seconds later, I wonder if the doors have been locked...

But because I am a dummy, I just plan to install a chinese gadget behind the mirrors button... ;-)

Hi

I am not going to work on it until the weather gets better. But rather than re- invent the wheel i got one of these modules from eBay. A quick glance suggests it could be mounted adjacent to the original navigation mirror controls and still gives you manual control. Very cheap considering it has some relays and a pic processor in it

http://bit.ly/P9qhet

David

Bah

Missing txt

It could be fitted adjacent to the original mirror switches and can be used manually as well. Its very cheap considering its got a bunch of relays and a pic processor in it

David

That looks very good except although it says it connects to the OBDII socket, i cant recognise an OBD II plug on it unless its one of the white ones. My guess is the other plugs and sockets daisy chain in line with the existing cables although cant see one that fits on the back of the existing window switch. My module costs £7 or so and has individual wires to cut and places to connect them to

David

David,

where did you see it connects on OBDII socket? :ermm:

I thought those white 10-pins connectors (male x female) were just inserted between the mirror button and its connector.

on the photo, I can see most pins are just directly linked by blue wires.Only few wires are useful for the box.

Christophe

Ok i may have lost my mind but at the top of the page in the link to the right of the picture is a reference to corolla canbus and OBD

David

• Like 1

Thanks, David.

So far you did not install your gadget? Or you took this photo before the installation?

Please explain where you plug the black socket. Is it an OBDII ?

(the white connector fits in the box, isn't it?)

No as i said at the start. Its too cold to be taking the car apart yet. So the picture is as it is now. It shows the module with a white plug and socket and a length of wires that you have to connect to existing wires and cur 2 wires

Its not a OBD product

David

Hi David,

I received my gadget this morning !

I am slightly disappointed, because the installation is not straightforward.

I need to connect one wire on a wire commanding the doors locks.

And because I have no schematics, hard to guess!

I am afraid I have to open a door to find the wire at the lock level... :disgust:

Christophe

Here is the PCB pict of my little black box:

Mainly 2 relays to simulate an action on the mirror button...

Christophe

post-136862-0-96043800-1394317194_thumb.

Christophe

Here is the proper link to the unit i bought. I will take my mirror switch out later to see if the wiring harness that you have that came with yours, fits the back of the switch. I am expecting it to be the plug and socket on the ends of the blue wires. I expect you would take out the existing plug and push it into a socket on the blue wires then the other end of the blue wires push the plug back into the switch. The other wires i presume go to a permanent supply and a ACC supply. The internal of the module looks almost the same as mine.

http://bit.ly/P9qhet

David

Christophe

This is a pic of the rear of the mirror switch you can see the plug on your blue wires would fit into this socket and i suspect the existing plug would fit into the socket the other end of your blue wires. leading you only to connect up -Ve , 12+ and 12V+ ACC

Sounds like a nice easy install

David

post-109788-0-42290300-1394364400_thumb.

• Like 1

Hi David,

Thanks a lot !

The 2 other wires to connect are for :

- permanent +12V (I plan to connect it on the OBD socket)

- +12V of the door lock (to trigger the gadget). That one is not easy too find, unless I look for it inside the door...

Unfortunately, today I cannot work on the car (problem with my boiler at home)...

I am working on the trigger wires from the door lock. I believe them to be green and blue and are on one of the white plugs under the triangle shaped cowling to the right or left of where your feet are depending on LH or RH drive car. Know more when i investigate. Acc and earth-ve can be got from the back of the switch and pin 16 is +12v but i wouldn't take it from there as its low current and could drag down the ECU and destroy it

David

It may well be the left hand connector in this pic but will investigate

David

post-109788-0-65154500-1394371451_thumb.

Thank you for your help, David.

I checked the connector behind the mirror buttons.

You were right, my gadget can be easily connected at this location.

but I'll wisely wait for your advice before connecting the +12V wire.

I am concerned about the risk of damaging the ECO if I connect it at a wrong place.

Do you know a way to obtain the electric schematics of the IQ?

I can't find any technical brochure about that car... unless that exists in UK ?

Regards

Christophe

So today as the weather was very good i decided to install a module to get my wing mirrors to auto fold and retract.

I also made a video on its functionality on youtube

David

Well done David !

Congratulations for this device, and also for the customization of your car.

I noticed the beautiful chrome mirrors, the inside lights, etc...

Good job !

Very nice indeed David :thumbsup:

Thank you Thank you shall i make another video of me bowing ? HaHa

David

Very nicely done David.

How are you unlocking the door by simply touching the door handle? This is not something we have on the Scion version.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links