Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Of Tinted Glass

Nazirahmed

Hi everyone

I am a new memeber, I had toyota avensis estate 2012 which has company tinted glass which I want to swap with clear glass??

Or if someone want to swap it with tinted glass plz don't hesitate to contact me.

Any advise plz??

Thanks

Hello Naz - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

The majority of car glass nowadays has a tint.

Are you talking about privacy glass - a dark tinted 'glass' usually found on the side windows of the rear doors and boot area, and the rear window??

If so. a lot of privacy glass has a film on the inside which produces the dark tint, which can be very carefully peeled off

Open one of the windows and examine the upper edge of the glass - the edge of the film may be identifiable.

Hllo Frostyball

Thanks for Ur reply

But my car has genuine company tinted glass n no film on it .

That's y looking for replacement or swap

Think you need to be specific as to which glass you're looking to replace - is it the complete set (windscreen, side windows, rear windows) or what?

Yes I need to replace rear window glass, quarter panel glass n rear screen, so it altogether 7 glass for both side.

Front windscreen n drivers door glass r ok.

Three things to consider here:

1) if your car's standard specification included privacy glass, you will be making a change to the standard spec. Check with your insurance company before you make any change, as to whether they will accept the modifications. May be subject to an additional insurance premium.

2) any fixed glass (ie tailgate glass) will probably be bonded in place, so may not be that easy a task to swap with anyone.

3) as it is a 2012 model, it will still have some of the five year new car warranty, the 3 year paintwork warranty and the anti-corrosion warranty remaining - by changing the glass, you may be affecting the warranties remaining on your car.

Actually I bought this car for taxi but unfortunately city council don't pass cars with tinted glass that's y I m looking to replace it.

OK - regardless of the use as a taxi, think you still need to consider points 1) and 2) above.

I would probably suggest you're unlikely to find someone to swap the windows with on such a new car - given that points 1) to 3) will affect the person you're swapping windows with.

Have you approached an auto glass replacement company to determine likely costs - though, to be honest, replacement is likely to be quite expensive?