Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Navigation Problem ?

westferrychip

Hi all

I am going to southampton via M3 and M27 there is a link road between the two motorways at junction 13 on the M3 which is a bit of a sod to navigate (at least I think it is) whenever I put a point on the M3 before this link road and the next point on the M27 where I want to be the route it gives me seems to go off the motorway and a convoluted route to where I want to be and not a direct route along the link road. I have attached a map with stars at the start point and the end point, Could someone try putting these points into your satnav and see what route it takes you ? Have I got a dodgy set of maps or a dodgy satnav. Hope I have explained this OK

Thanks

Westferrychip (Roy)post-128077-0-91371500-1389017147_thumb.

Think I see the problem now, should be OK looking at Google maps. One idea - have you got it set on shortest route rather than quickest ?. It should really stay on the M3 and M27.

Another way round it, provided you can do this on your sat-nav, is to program in an 'avoid' point. I have had to do this on mine as it tries to take me down a road that has been closed to traffic and is only for pedestrians and cyclists.

Peter

Thanks for the reply Peter

I have tried quickest, shortest ect. all with the same result. I would need to put a whole list of roads in to avoid as it seems to be taking me into built up areas !!

I am going to my main dealer tomorrow and have arranged to try a satnav in another similar prius to mine and see what happens, I'll post the result. Just out of interest I put the same journey into my iPhone satnav and it took me down the motorway route, I wish my prius satnav would do the same!!!! I should say that I could negotiate this route without the satnav but its bugging me as to why its happening.

Thanks again for you interest.

Westferrychip (Roy)

I don't suppose in the 'avoids' it's somehow got the "avoid motorways" ticked?

Once set, it stays set until someone changes it.

Good suggestion PeteB

I'm pretty sure its not set but I will certainly check this in the morning.

Thanks for your reply.

Westferrychip (Roy)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links