Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Touring Sports In Real-World Mpg: 2013's Top 10

FROSTYBALLS

This figure beats mine, I'm averaging about 56 MPG and falling, since new in September, but I think that's pretty good.

I hope things will get better in the warmer months, so my average could improve.

This figure beats mine, I'm averaging about 56 MPG and falling, since new in September, but I think that's pretty good.

I hope things will get better in the warmer months, so my average could improve.

MPG's do fall in winter as the engine is running for longer to heat the heater. Mpg's will increase significantly in summer.

On a commute to York with very heavy traffic at both ends I'd get about 52 mpg in winter, but 72 mpg in summer. In winter the engine would be running continuously all the way out of time, but in summer it would be heated up within half a mile.

Using Eco mode helps more in winter as it will switch the engine off at a cooler temperature BUT it will then take longer for the heat to heat the cabin. Depends on the length of your commute of course, as I now have a short one and like every ounce of heat :)

I think the figures quoted in the survey must be from a very limited sample and of a short duration, the car has not been in production that long.

• Like 1