Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Tank Size For T27

pandor83

HI all,

Does anyone know the petrol tank size for 2009+ model - i thought it was 60 litres but i calculate my 2009 tourer (diesel) at about 50 litres.

1. I filled up yesterday with 45 litres, according to the trip computer i had about 30-40 miles left which probably means around 5 litres (?). Once the trip computer said 0 miles left, i filled it to the top and that was just over 50 litres.

I'm just wondering because an extra 10 litres capacity is what...about 80/90 miles?...i'm just being lazy and dont want to fill up so often! haha.

2. Is it normal when filling up to 'click' or 'clunk' several times - seems that the tank is very narrow and stops the flow regardless of how empty the tank is!

thanks

It is 60 litres. The "reserve" is about 2 gallons/9-10 litres.

Patrick, as Heidfirst states it is 60 litres. There are a few posts on this subject but to give you a brief résumé the computer read out on range seems to refer to the point where the low fuel warning light illuminates. When this happens you have just under 10 litres left in the tank. I have tested mine several times now and this is how it turns out each time.

With regard to the pump nozzle cutting out I find this happens if you hold it too upright, I now tend to not push the nozzle right in and keep it as low as possible.

thanks guys, i was slightly worried that according to the computer a full tank has the same range as my old car (1.6 petrol Octavia vs currently 2.0 diesel).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links