Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Headlights And Led Bulbs

Rasmalai

Hi,

I'm considering replacing the bulbs on my Auris HSD to xenon headlights 6000k and tail, brake and reverse to LED. Has anyone done this before and do they look nice.

Thanks

MK1 OR MK2 Auris ?

There are other members who have installed HID kits. Do a search in the Auris club and you will be able to look at several topics. Just be mindfull of any additional MOT requirements around fitting HID.

I have done the LED conversion to my Auris HSD, and I did this on my old T180 as well.

Currently in my HSD I have brake, front side, back tail light, back number plate and front fog lights all using LEDs.

It works very very well :)

As for HID dipped... I am using a 5000k colour halogen bought from Hong Kong, they are called PolarG and are very white. Not a conversion as such, but its good enough without the hassle.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Could you upload some photos if you don't mind?

Thanks

Here you go, but they dont really do them any justice.

Back%202.jpg

Back%201.jpg

Front%202.jpg

Front%201.jpg

the led im guessing are a straight swap the hid i am looking at also as i do a lot of driving at night and i hate having to keep changing between dipped and high beacuse of traffic so was gonna swap the dipped for hid ... i have herd its easy but would like a little more information on who got what parts also

The LEDs are a straight swap.

The Auris that you have has a different fitment for the rear tail light to the HSD Auris, if you are interested, its type 207 as opposed to 501.

For info:

Front side light - 501

Front fog - H11

Rear Brake - 955 (same as 501 fitment but much bigger and brighter)

Rear tail Auris - 207

Rear tail Auris HSD - 501

As for the HID, sorry no knowledge on that at all.

IMHO don't waste your money. Yes you can change all white bulbs to LEDs and front dipped to HIDs, but changing tails and brakes will not make any difference really. They will still look like a dot and the difference won't be noticeable. Brakes will light up a millisecond faster and that's it. For the reverse I'd install some powerful LEDs in order to be able to see where you're reversing to at night. One option is to install HIDs in there too. With dipped lights you won't be able to see at night. They are only to make you seen, so install them in your foggies and use theam as DRLs or such.

I believe it would be useful for you to scroll through my Introducing My Auris -thread in order to see different lights in action and possibly find some other related information.

Do most HIDs come with everything needed to fit them?

Yeah. The only real thing required it ballast and appropriate socket. It's a real doddle

Those are the rear LEDs available for Auris. Do not match the 3rd brake light when on, otherwise they look allright.

I agree with Speed_Chaser they would look good if the boot light were changed, not going to lie, i have been tempted several times to get them, but they were a lot more expensive before.

• Like 1

Me too, but I had allready ordered one original from Toyota to get rid of my red fog light. This was before those LED lights were released. Now it would feel like big waste to order two more and have 3 spare ones left sitting on my shelf.

I am trying to get something similiar coloured like they are by using some sort of film on the original tail lights. Haven't found anything good though, all are too dark or barely noticeable. I am looking for light smoke effect.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know about the interior lights ie maplights, the main one in the roof, the number plate and the boot light ... What type bulb is in these and how do u get the map light ones out they seem pretty well in

im ready to change that horrible orange dash to nice blue one but I wouldn't know how to begin!! lol

The map lights are in there quite solidly, i had trouble getting them out. just pull, it will come.

From what i can gather, the dash lights are SMD LEDs, which arent the easiest to get off even with the right equipment :P. Good luck