Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid Headlights And Led Bulbs

Rasmalai

I also changed front parking light bulbs with LED bulbs, 4 SMDs/bulb, rear reg. plate bulbs, 3 SMDs/bulb, interior lights, front lamp bulbs with 8 SMDs/bulb and in central lamp I fitted a 12 SMD matrix (4x3 LEDs).
As Aidan said, it's not worth fitting HIDs in main beam, I knew that and that's way I changed bulbs with a little bit whiter ones HB3 Philips Blue Vision. I choose these bulbs because of their longer life, especialy I use High beam as DRLs too (at half strenght, though).
And finally, dipped beam bulbs I swapped them with HIDs of course, 35W, 6000K - nothing compares to them. I have this all bulbs fitted for two couples of years, very reliable and still very happy with them.
The only problem I had, one HID ballast had broken after a couple of years, it managed to light on the bulb but after 1...2 min. it died. I simply changed the ballast and anything was all right.

Hello Tavy!

I am looking for something which would be good for center lamp. Any help? I want a bulb or matrix, doesn't matter. But if it's matrix it has to be thin enough (usually thickness not describen on eBay) and it also has to be more white than blue. I ordered one LED panel but it is quite blue and not comfortable because it makes the interior too blue.

Hi Alex,

I'm glad to hear about you again.

Regarding central lamp, I use this LED matrix (less than 3mm thickness) which had T10 connector:

s55g.jpg

I removed T10 connector, soldered wires, connected to lamp terminals and fitted a made by myself braket.

Result is awesome !!

Regards,

Tavey.

Hi again!

Cheers for the reply. I could do that without a problem, just need to know where did you buy that panel from or where I could get similiar one? Also what is the colour temp? Maybe you have pictures of the light output?

Kind regards,

Alex

I still had no time to take picture of this lamp, but colour temp. is almost 6000K - same as xenons, a little bit yellowish, and light power is about 150...200 lumens - 15...20 W incandescent bulb equivalence. I bought it from a car accesories store importer.

Ok cheers for that. I'm currently waiting for one bulb. If it won't be any good I will be looking into something else.

Best regards,

Alex

This is my 9 smd led sidelighta from a few angles and wot they look like out the windscreen

post-130759-0-08258600-1393283958_thumb.

post-130759-0-12781500-1393284003_thumb.

post-130759-0-30758600-1393284036_thumb.

post-130759-0-16851200-1393284058_thumb.

• Like 1

What sidelights would you recommend for a bright white light 6000k? I had a look at those orsam 6000k bulbs but reviews say they require a resistor with them.

Thanks

The only reason you may need a resistor is if there is a canbus error. (let's you know if a light is blown etc). I don't believe the auris has this system.

Just wanted to add that I got through an MOT with HIDs fitted yesterday at none other than Kwik Fit.

The lights weren't even mentioned, I was a little worried before the test so I took the ballast and concealed it in the fuse box and used a tie wrap to hold the cover in place (heard it's a visual inspection so they can't actually modify anything). Maybe it saved me, maybe not. Either way they didn't seem that bothered, so for anyone else considering I would seriously recommend getting them, for the small upgrade price they are so much better than standard bulbs.

Are 6000k HIDs legal?

They are provided they are 'E' marked. However the higher the colour temperature, the fewer lumens (less light) they produce.

I use canbus ones in everything anyway just in case but mine were just some off eBay .. nothing special ... The only thing I have been told is that they have to be fitted to glass headlights ( tempreture melts plastic) or projector as it's a better grade used and can withstand the the tempreture far better than normal headlights that would come in a lot of other cars

• 1 month later...

Are 6000k HIDs legal?

They are provided they are 'E' marked. However the higher the colour temperature, the fewer lumens (less light) they produce.

I agree, but also as you go higher as well as losing lumens you get the change of colour......

OEM HID's run at 5000k which is pure white.....

6000k is pure white with that that tinge of blue.(personally I think it's the best look).

8000k the lights start to emit blue... To close to police cars for my liking....

And at 12000k you get purple... Only seen a few cars on the road with this colour....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Toyota OC mobile app

post-135587-139698815175_thumb.jpg

This is my SR180 with a 6000k HID kit and LED side lights. As you can see very bright indeed.

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

I'm looking for LEDs for my number plate lights. I have tried a few different ones but they do not seem to last very long. Has anybody had better success than me ?

Thanks

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Try not to buy the cheapest ones and see what happens. Mine have lasted for many years now, got them from reliable supplier of quality LEDs. but he only sells locally... I'm sure you will find some international seller too!

I have LED brake lights, fogs, side and repeaters and internal light.

All are at least four years old, buy the best you can afford :thumbsup:

What gen auris do you have? And can you get pictures?

I've done internal lights also was gonna do the number plate lights haven't done the tail lights I wouldn't do the brakes as I think they are plenty bright and the red all matches wouldn't wanna risk it to have another shade but it's also an obvious difference in led lights you see a lot of cars with led to replace halogen and it's v bright

Also I do a lot of motorway miles and cars with bright led light tail lights can be quite dazzling when u have done many miles in the dark and touches his brakes it's like someone flashing high beams at you ...

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I am also going to install the led lights for the license plate light and the blue led lights for the interior of my car.. One of my colleague installed it and iw was looking so amazing.. I already ordered it at

Link removed as for a company selling fork lift truck components - Moderator (FB)

• 2 weeks later...

Well of the planned headlight bulb upgrade the following has been done:

1) Installed LED sidelights

2) Installed H11 bulbs - for some reason the loom plugs aren't 100% direct fitment as per my older HID kits so I've had to use the 2nd pair of wires on the bulb which works fine - might be a case of dremel the H11 bulb/HID ballast connector a little shorter to the pins make contact.

3) HB3 bulbs - how the hell do you get them out! I can't shift them at all! Tested the kit and I can do a straight connection off the loom to the ballast so 2 less wires to tuck away when I fit them!

Help!

The HB3 bulb holder should turn counter clockwise, and once out of the headlight unit there is a tab on the bulb holder you depress to release the bulb.

• Like 1

frostyballs - yup I know all that and the issue is the bulb just won't twist enough to get them out!

Any tips or tricks to get them out?

Think they only twist about a quarter or third of a turn

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links