Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard Rattle Noise

MeGuinness

I hope you can help guys,

Prius 2010 UK model, rattle noise coming from the dashboard between the speaker grill and the A shaped trim/glass window driver side (UK model) every time I accelerate,is there constantly all the time, is driving crazy, 9 hours a day in the car most of the week and this !Removed! annoying rattle.can't stant it anymore. Help me please

A short video of the problem

Does the car have DAB? If so the DAB aerial may be behind that white trim panel.

What month in 2010 was the Prius registered - if before June the 3 year new car warranty will have expired (but does it have an extended warranty), if after June it should have the five year new car warranty.

Have you approached a Toyota dealer?

Registered in january 2010 Gen3 tspirit model ,no dab radio.yes i have extended warranty but doesn't cover this type of problems. Toyota garage told me they have no idea what it can be ..

It sounds like the front wing rattling, where it meets the front of the little window. I had it on my 2010. If you poke the wing there you'll see it flexes, try wedging a bit of cardboard behind it to see if the rattle stops. The proper fix is a new front wing with a stiffer mounting bracket, but I believe it was only accepted in the US as a fix.

Another buzz I had was the air intake hose where it's fastened to the front crossmember, I'd had it off to change a headlamp bulb and if it's not tightened in the correct position it buzzes.