Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

YARIS T SPORT OWNERS

jerry phipps

WHERE ARE ALL THE YARIS T SPORT OWNERS OUT THERE. I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ALL. COME ON DONT BE SHY. SO DROP US A LINE OR TWO :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick-Johnson

• sholao

• tim220171

• sup

Hello Jerry,

I have just placed my order for my wife, what's the fuel consumption like? At the moment her car is a 1.0 corsa so I expect to spend more on petrol. Can't wait.

Hi i have a T sport in caribean blue, and so far it is one of the best cars i have ever owned. I am interested in the comments made in another post about remaping etc. You can almost see the look of fustration in the faces of people when they try to pass you on the motorways!!!!!!

I've been told that a Yaris T-Sport is better on fuel than 1.0 Yaris I don't know wether this is true or not

I don't know if I can say that the fuel economy is better than a 1.0l Yaris, but for sheer fun my T-Sport (Thunder Grey) is absolutly tops...

It grips like a limpit to the road and is suprisingly quick... it certainly makes people take a second look.. and that engine is a peach!!

I have got an Air Induction kit on my Yaris and that adds to the noise factor and put the power up to about 112BHP. I also waiting for TRD (Toyota Race Development) to bring out the front torsion beam that sits on top of both suspension struts. Very Happy :D

Nick,

Is your induction kit an off the shelf job, or custom made, and how much did it cost?

I believe the standard Yaris TSport is no match for the Saxo VTS, any ideas on Mods to beat it?

There are a few different options when coming to an Air filter for your Yaris. First there is a big Japanese outfit called HKS who do make an induction kit for our cars witch will just go straight on, best just to approach any HSK dealer and Mail order it. I am currently running one at the moment but am in contact with a company who are the main importer of TRD (Toyota Race Development) parts who are going to fit the first BLITZ air induction kit to my Yaris. Blitz have got the best name in induction kits their filters are second to none, this is already starting to prove expensive though after having to order a special Samco hose from the States but will give an edge over an HKS inducted car.

;)

• 1 month later...

Just stumbled on the website-nice to see other fanatics who appreciate the finer cars in life!

Have had the T for 14 months (it replaced an SR) Much better! I've started using Shell optimax in it and I definately feel a difference.

Will probably order a TTE back box for it when my wife gives the o.k.

Peter

I have had my Yaris T-Sport now for 5 months. I really like it but starting to get a few rattles and squeaks the cars only done 4500miles and I have had all the extras fitted. I am thinking of changing it for a Mini Cooper. I have not really made up my mind but I am really thinking about it. :o

Isn't the Mini a smaller car? Cost more to insure and higher running costs?

Are you thinking of changing just because of the rattles or because you are bored with it.

I am not board of it all, I really like my Yaris. I am just thinking about the rattles and squeaks. A friend of mine has just bought a new cooper and the bulid is fantastic the way the doors close, the plastic is in a different class I know that there are some problems with earily cars but they seem to have sorted most of the issues. I am not fully decided yet!!! The cars are the same size really but BMW do make a good car.

Nick, I've also experienced annoying rattles( sunroof surround, driver's door and rear seatbelt mount)

I have to agree that the lightness of platic is probably to blame.

The other two things that could be done to improve the car would be a six speed gearbox and lowered driver's seat height.

When I drive the car however I forgive it these things!

Peter

I cant help but to agree on every thing you said there Peter. You hit the nail on the head. I am going to look a New Cooper tomorrow but I think I will keep the Yaris. Wait and see

You Guys are putting me off the TSport now! I can cancel now, cause I supposed to be picking it up next Friday. Anyway its a 2nd car so not too bothered.

Nick, Lets have your views on the Mini when you've test driven it

I am not your every day car driver, I have had so many cars. I only had my Mercedes-Benz A190 with AMG Kit for 8months before changing it for the T-Sport I dont hold on to cars that long. I love my T-sport loads. I dont know what is it but I just have to have a mini Cooper!:)

Sholao I will keep you all informed I promise, this would be the shortest time I would of had a car if I order the Mini on Saturday. The strange thing I really like the Yaris and that last two cars I had I changed because they were just ok, you know nothing special. The Yaris is special and I love it but if I do change it, I would have to put it down to , too much plastic and also to be rid of those rattles and squeaks. I dont want anybody to be put off by anything I have said, who knows I might even be tempted to wait for the Yaris T-Sport Turbo :D

just crank up the volume of ur ICE, then u wouldnt even notice the rattles......and wear rubber gloves when u are driving....not so plasticy after all huh??!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

One More T-sport owner here, it#s it's nice to see more satisifed customers, and from what I've seen already I agree with everyone, and thus the car sure has flaws! Drivers door rattles, dash rattles, boot is very tiny and the paint work is't up to much, but boy does she go....just as long as you don't have a tank of gas and a passenger! It's definitly a drivers car, and is fun at that, and hopefully continues to have Toyota's reliability.

What I'd like to see improve is a better gear shift....it's very notchy, and yes 6 gears for the motorway driving, but lets face it, this car wasn't designed for the motorway..but the ICE kit helps drown out the noise!

Viper

Welcome Viper_7.

I am glad your happy with your T-Sport. I have never had a car without it flaws. I dont think its possable to own a car that do not have any. With the rattle in the door, I have the very same thing but I found a cure. Put the window right to the top and then drop it very very slightly(worked for me). Just to let you all know if your intrested, I kept the T-Sport over the Mini Cooper there was not enough difference in performance to warrant the change. Having said all that the build quality was unreal for a small car. What I have done is put a deposit on a Cooper S which is a demo that they had just registered but it needs to be run for 3months before they can sell it. When it comes up I will either buy new or take the demo. Mind you a friend of mine who is T-Sport mad keeps saying wait for the Yaris T-Sport T 150BHP. :D

I discovered the window trick too! But I wind it down a little when it starts rattling then, back up..seems to sort it. I belive it's a quick fix by the dealer...but I hate trim being removed and replaced as further down the line,it definitly will start rattling!

Yes the T-sport 150 is going to be awsome, although I'd would have expected it to be quicker than 8 secs to 60. I can see the insurance group being high though, which surprisingly for the current T-sport is pretty reasonable.

I won't be impressed when it comes out though...will be turning heads more than the current model....will be forced to trade in just for that!!

I've never been a fan of the new mini...i'm just not into the chrome, and they have so little storage space compared to the Yaris over the same footprint, it's amazing what you can get in the back with the seats tumbled/folded down.

Mark

Has anyone fitted a supercharger in the T-Sport?

I'm sure that would definately produce some nice 0-60 times, add to that a free flowing exhaust and an induction kit and even the Honda Civic Type R might be eating dust!

Maybe if I inherit some money. :P

wait for the t sport t! it will be somthing very speical! trust me im a monkey!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links