Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vauxhall Hir2 Bulbs

timbooo

I wasn't aware anyone else was using HIR2 fitment bulbs.

I wonder if these are any brighter, or just whiter (if even that), than our Toyota spec bulbs?

Unfortunately I don't think there's anything that can improve the spread, since that's the projectors' "fault", isn't it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTRA-GTC-9012-HIR2-XENON-BULB-DIAMOND-WHITE-VXR-SRI-VX-LINE-SPORT-LE-/181291654823?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a35d31ea7

$_58.JPG

$_58.JPG

They do look to be the same bulbs, apart from the blue coating. If that's the only difference, they might even be a bit less bright I suppose with a bunch of light wasted trying to restrict the colour spectrum to just the white bits.

As Philips are supposedly the only manufacturer making HIR2 bulbs, these are probably Philips bulbs made to General Motor's spec (hence the coating). The coating is probably there to make the light appear blue white.

It's on eBay. Theres nothing in the ad that states they're genuine Vauxhall. I'd hazard that they're imported from the East which makes them quite expensive for a no name set of bulbs!

The seller hasn't stated that they're 'E' marked/road legal and looking at the photos the bulbs don't have 'E' marks on them either.

Read the description now - made in Taiwan. So probably cheap copies. 3 month warranty. Claim that driving over potholes can damage bulbs is interesting!

Just go for HIDs my friend and be happy :)

I'll stick with what I've got for now; might consider some OptiBrights if they present themselves at a nice price. Just sharing what I found on my travels. Apparently this time what I found was a piece of crap ;)

you never know though unless you try them! if they were cheaper it may have been more worth the try but at that price i myself would be a bit cautious!

• Like 1

Ive tried this bulb but from blinglights and i can confirm its no good from the original hir2, no improvement at all.

• Like 1

Ive tried this bulb but from blinglights and i can confirm its no good from the original hir2, no improvement at all.

Any whiter? I'd be happy with the same brightness but a bit more of a white colour, to match the DRLs. I'm not in the business of blinding oncoming traffic, but every time I see my reflection with the mixture of white and yellow it bothers me. Maybe I should put a quality street wrapper over the DRL LEDs instead :D

Not any whiter at all. Poor spread of light. The only thing that can match the drl led is HID and LEDs bulb.

Maybe I'll have to wait 'til someone makes a full replacement cluster. Almost bought that Seat Leon just for the sexy LED headlights ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links