Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Help?

timbooo

Got my car back from the garage after a taxi reversed into my driver's door (thanks buddy). It seems they disabled my alarm, I can understand it might be quite annoying to remove panels from a car without triggering an alarm (although quite the amusing challenge). But re-activating it would have been nice.

Anyway, I have to assume THIS (attached photo) is the alarm. It's inside the central "column". It just looks kinda alarmy, those LEDs.

post-135407-0-81207000-1389393839.jpg

I've looked through all the security system manuals on toyota-tech.eu and non of them match, so I don't think it's a "TVSS-anything". I have a manual but it's rubbish, only describes how to turn it on and off (i.e. press lock or unlock) and not much else. Manual says TOYOTA on it a few times and it says "TOYOTA MARKETING AND SALES" on the back (in Turkish), but I'm not overly convinced as to it's original-ness.

Anyway, maybe someone can identify it? Hopefully I can find out what the settings on the two little dials do. Maybe it's more customisable than I first thought, which would be a nice bonus. Or not, more likely.

The only number on the manual is "Auris_08585-E1800". The only thing google throws up is this: http://www.paramparca.com/Parca/4173501/08585E1800 which looks like the dodgy place the dealer buys them from. The part (parça) number there is "08585E1800" which gets no new results. The other information there is "AURIS ZRE185NDE1" which also gives no more clues.

Tomorrow I'll pull it out and see if there's a part number on the back. Then I'll just start playing with the dials/switches to see what happens. Just wondering if I get any hits from here in the meantime.

I realise it could be a sensor instead... but there's another box on the "floor" in that central column that's much more plain (and connected to this one), I think that's the radar intruder detector thingy not this. So this seems more like the main box?

post-135407-0-81207000-1389393839_thumb.

Maybe it is 'real', the 08585- prefix matches up a lot of the TVSS ECUs. Can't find the E1800 suffix though. Looking through 08585-everything now buuhhhhh.

Thinking more and more that might be the radar thing, other box is God knows what, think ECU goes under the steering wheel somewhere. Will prod about in there tomorrow morning.

Don't think alarms are fitted to any of the UK market Auris. UK market immobilisers are now so effective that thieves, if they want to steal a car, now steal the keys (ie from people's houses).

As with any manufacturer, security systems vary from market to market. I suspect your alarm will probably be fitted by the importer.

That black box in your pcs. is a dual stage shock sensor; so, you have an aftermarket (non genuine Toyota) alarm system. You should have a central unit nearby (where shock sensor is connected thru a 3...5 wires cable) and a siren under the hood. The shock sensor looks like mine, from my old alarm system.

vprv.jpg

Those two knobs adjust sensitivity of each sensor stage (light and heavy impact).

That black box in your pcs. is a dual stage shock sensor; so, you have an aftermarket (non genuine Toyota) alarm system. You should have a central unit nearby (where shock sensor is connected thru a 3...5 wires cable) and a siren under the hood. The shock sensor looks like mine, from my old alarm system.

vprv.jpg

Those two knobs adjust sensitivity of each sensor stage (light and heavy impact).

Ah-ha, top man, thanks! It certainly does look the same. I'm on my way to look around other nooks and crannies for the main box now. Do you have a make and model number for yours?

Found my main box, bit different to yours. Stickered "Centrium 08585-CM980". Nice little trick using the same 08585- model number as real Toyota VSS systems...

Says "made in Turkey" but I sincerely doubt it, I imagine it's from the same Chinese factory as the main box in your photo.

Anyway there's a sticker with some settings on it, including a label for the "override switch", found that, followed the wire to a simple little momentary switch; tried a single press, a 3s press, a 5s press, a 10s press, no dice. So they must have pulled the power or a fuse or something? Or it's broken, of course.

I suppose I could go back there with it but I hate dealing with them. Plus routing around is teaching me more about my baby. Found their dodgy aftermarket parking sensor control box too, stuffed in like a Japanese subway train passenger.

The best idea for your alarm system is to swap it with another one that you like. I replaced mine (in photo) with another one with flip keys.

Well might doesn't have any additional boxes/keys so I'm fairly happy with it as it is. Just can't figure out how to turn the sodding thing back on!!!
I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and ask the nice man in the overalls to do it for me. How pathetic :(

You would better go to an alarm system workshop (or something similar) in order to sort this problem out.