Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Button Stuck

square1

Hi all. I have a little problem with the boot of my 06 reg Aygo, which is that after I press the boot button it remains stuck in, preventing the lid latching on when I close it. I am managing it by just flicking the button out with the car key or wiggling it out with my fingers. I've tried to remedy it using WD-40 and spray lube but without success.

The problem began after I (perhaps stupidly) attempted to check that I had in fact locked the car in the usual way using the remote central locking. I usually do this by trying to open one of the passenger doors, but on this occasion, I pressed in the boot button. In other words, I pressed the button in when the car was locked. Perhaps that shouldn't necessarily cause this fault to happen, but I'm no expert!

Any suggestions?

Thanks Frosty, I actually know how to pop it out from the inside, but I'd like to eliminate the problem altogether!

According to the following thread the boot lock was redesigned a while ago - using plastics that aren't affected so much by temperature changes - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/108865-boot-button-sticking/?hl=%2Bboot+%2Bbutton

Could always send Parts King a personal message and make enquiries about cost, etc.

Someone else had used white grease (lithium grease) on the mechanism rather than WD40 and the like - which seemed to cure the issue for them.

Thanks, I should mention that so far I haven't sprayed anything on the inside (i.e. the parts that can be seen behind the hatched plastic covering) . I'm a bit cautious about doing that as I don't want to wrong it in the process of trying to right it! However, if there's a consensus that I should then I will.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been told by Yeomans Toyota that this would cost £91.56 to repair, which I can't stomach right now. There must be a cheaper alternative! I haven't tried the white grease yet; I should do that, although WD40 and a teflon lube seem to have done sod all!

Does anyone know anything about the mechanism and whether it's possible to take it apart? How is the button meant to pop back out anyway?

I used copper slick grease on mine and haven't been troubled since :thumbsup: just use sparingly..

Does the grease come in a pressurised spray can and where exactly should it be applied?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links