Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Lost My Satellites For A While.

IanIanIanIan

Probably not important but yesterday I lost 'seeing' any satellites for half an hour, they just went and then returned, all normal now.

Sunday 12th between 14:00 and 14:30 near Bracknell the GPS satnav went daft showing that I was some five miles away and travelling over fields and through a housing estate. I was locking onto the nearest road that was going in approximately in the right direction, giving fictitious directions and speed warnings. I expect the satnav was just dead reckoning but it was very poor i.e. useless. Four month old PiP.

Heavy cloud cover and some tree lined route involved, nothing out of the ordinary.

I stopped, switched off for a short while, started up again but it made no difference.

I checked the satnav information page and there was no location or satellite information, just blank entries.

I actually get email information from OFCOM on planned GPS jamming, (I am a ham and interested) http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/gps-jamming-exercises/ and there was none there and then.

I know some company drivers jam the GPS signal, illegally, to prevent employer tracking devices from working but I doubt that 'shadow' would have been present for such a time and whilst I was driving ten miles or so.

Any ideas?

I had considered adding to that thread but Sagitar's problem is reproducible, mine is not so it is probably a different cause.

It was a one off so I think it is a separate problem although other's experiences in that thread seem to emulate mine rather than Sagitar's.

I don't think solar flares are involved as atmospheric electricity was very low at that time.

Have a look at:

http://www.met.rdg.ac.uk/Data/fieldsite/cgi-bin/graph_page.cgi?Lax=PG&ED=11-14-2014&SD=0-7-2014&RL=1&

I suspect the loss of the satellites will be 'just one of those things'.