Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leak In Boot

Bad Astronaut

I seem to have water coming into the boot of the car on the left-hand side.

It looks like it's coming from side of the car - not from above or beneath. I did try spraying a hose pipe everywhere on the outside - but I couldn't manage to make it happen again.

I've mopped it up a few times - so definitely not a case of spilling some drink.

Here's a picture if it helps:

IMG_20140114_081408.jpg

Has anyone else had this? I'd be very interested to know if its a common problem or just bad luck. I do have a 12 month warranty from the dealer, but I'm concerned that's probably not worth the paper its printed on! If it's a minor problem I'd likely prefer to fix it myself.

Many thanks,

Peter

• Like 1

I'm seeing quite a few people have reported this!

Has anyone got it fixed under a used dealer warranty? Or should I perhaps see if and/or why Toyota didn't recall it?

Am I too late with a '58 plate car?

Your warranty may cover it. As it isn't a safety issue, there hasn't been a recall.

Thank you ever so much, I'm hoping it's one of these then - looks like I have a job this weekend.

Cheers,

Peter

We had the same problem with our 2010 Auris TR last year , it was repaired under warrenty with some update vents etc behund the bumper. It seems fine now

I took my 2010 (59 plate) Auris into Bury RRG yesterday for a service and the end of warranty check, as I have had the car for 12 months in March. They have put an advisory on there stating, 'boot wet, requires both rear bumper vents and rear lamp seals'. The price listed is £283.68, but they would do it for £188.40 (still seems a bit steep to me!).

I asked if this is covered under the warranty and was told no!

I took my 2010 (59 plate) Auris into Bury RRG yesterday for a service and the end of warranty check, as I have had the car for 12 months in March. They have put an advisory on there stating, 'boot wet, requires both rear bumper vents and rear lamp seals'. The price listed is £283.68, but they would do it for £188.40 (still seems a bit steep to me!).

I asked if this is covered under the warranty and was told no!

What does the warranty actually cover? so you can have carpets soaking wet and its not covered.

With my paint issues and now reading about water leaks are not being covered under warranty,I think I will be unloading my car ASAP.

i'm scared to look in my boot in case its underwater.

I actually fell for all the hype about how good Toyota cars are.

That will teach me to be so gullible.

A 59 plate Auris, which would have been registered before March 2010, would have had the 3 year/60,000 mile new car warranty - the five year/100,000 mile new car warranty didn't come in until June 2010.

So I presume the end-of-warranty check would have been at the end of either a Toyota Approved Used, Toyota Extended or a third party warranty - all of which are different to the new car warranty.

I think as regards the water leaks, if it is a Toyota warranty, I would have asked the dealer to approach Toyota re a goodwill contribution - probably not too late to do this.

At least the Toyota new car warranty isn't as limited as the VAG new car warranty - where things like shock absorbers, seat coverings, floor coverings, etc are identified as wear and tear items and are only covered for six months, and Wiper Blades carry no warranty cover at all.

Sealant around inside of the cluster, for the win, cost £4, sorted mine out and never had any trouble since!

• 2 weeks later...

I found some leftover bathroom seal and I used it around the vents on both sides to be safe. So far no leaks!

Thanks for all the help guys.

Does anyone know where you can get replacement rear bumper and light seals from and how to replace??

Send Parts King (see Sponsor's Corner on the Community page) a personal message, giving your car details and what you want.