Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Auris Driver Side (Power Folding) Mirror - How Much?

Mantissa

My mum (not me honest!) had someone bash into her mirror (while folded too!) which has cracked the cover but removed some of the mirror (chassis?) black plastic. The glass is OK and it still power folds and mirror adjusts fine.

I know (since I enquired about our iQ recently) that a replacement mirror is likely to be expensive (> £400). I have a theory that wing/door mirrors have been targetted as an easy money maker by car parts suppliers :)

I have some options and I was wondering what other folks may have done.

1. Buy a new mirror from official channels (and I assume that I need to have primed cover painted too!)

2. Buy a cheaper OEM part (any real difference?)

3. Buy from this guy - seems too good to be true and that, as my Mum says, is a warning :) I did find a person on a FIat forum that had successfully bought from them though.

4. Buy one that isn't exactly the same (since the power folding - indicator repeater version is not as common as the others) and strip it down to remove the mirror 'chassis'. I could get something from eBay perhaps that could donate the bit I need.

It just seems such an expense to go to when it is still functional, but missing some plastic!

Incidentally do I really need to get a mirror covered sprayed, or is it possible to buy them pre-coloured to official factory colours?

Thanks in advance

John

Try sending Part King a personal message, detailing the car and what parts you want.

Heidfirst - thanks for that pointer to the OEM part on eBay, I'd missed that!

Cheers.

On 2nd gen auris, it cost me about £84,thats with toyota dealer, mirror cover, side indicator plus painted

• Like 1

Its not but i assumed it will be the same price

With the 2013 Auris think the power folding mirrors are standard on the Excel, and included within the optional Comfort pack on the Icon and Sports.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had the same thing happen to my 2012 Auris. I've sent Parts King a PM. Have you managed to get yours sorted @mantissa?