Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mysterious Water Leak

Tay

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I posted about a leak I have coming into the driver footwell.

Well, the book is also leaking pretty badly.

I have stripped out as much trim as possible and put my hand up inside the roof pillar at the back of the car and it is soaking wet. The leak into the driver footwell is coming in right in the crease of metal to the right of the accelerator pedal, and there is no dampness behind the pedals up towards the windscreen.

So logically I think there is one leak in the roof that is running down both ends of the car (wetness in boot is on the drivers side too).

So on Sunday, I went out and took the gutter trim off and put a shed load of sealant underneath it and replaced. I also removed the gas strut from the boot on that side and sealed and replaced. This made no difference at all.

I am totally at a loss as to where this might be coming in from now, does anyone have any experience of this or any suggestions where to have a stab at sealing next?

The car is 11 years old, but looks great and is mechanically perfect, I really don't want to have to ditch it because of a water leak..

Cheers

Chris

Do you have a sunroof?

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply..

Nope, no sunroof.

I actually read that post you linked, that's what made me think it would be that gutter, but it hasn't made any difference at all. Maybe I need to redo it, or I might try and seal the trim in place if you see what I mean, but to be honest I cleaned it all up before applying the sealant and there didn't seem to be any damage at all anyway.

Confused!

I had the same problem last year in a 2003 avensis turned out it was a waste pipe from my aircon

It was dripping into the foot well

I had the same problem last year in a 2003 avensis turned out it was a waste pipe from my aircon

It was dripping into the foot well

Hi

Where is that pipe and how did you get access to clean it?

Was the foot well visible damp?

Ya it was wet wet .I dont know where the pipe was my mechanic had it fixed in 2minutes and after that my car was dry as a bone

have you tried talc, if you shake it around it clumps together when it gets wet, you can see where it's coming from?

have you tried talc, if you shake it around it clumps together when it gets wet, you can see where it's coming from?

No, I don't think is good idea to spill talc around all car inside...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links