Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Number Plate Light, T27 2009 Model

pandor83

Hi Guys,

I tried searching but couldnt find a definite answer.

Firstly how are you suppose to replace the rear number plate light? I took a screwdriver and 'gently' prised the plastic cover away. The black surround is still there, does that need to come off too?

Secondly, in prising away the plastic cover i've broken it! Does anyone know the part number, ideal place to buy, cost?

thanks

you could try PMing Parts King on the forum for both the part no. & cost. Alternatively visit your local scrapyards or search on eBay for a car being broken.

thanks, I've just asked the dealership, the lens cover is just over £12!

maybe i can find the broken bit and superglue it back on!

• 2 years later...
On 1/17/2014 at 10:24 AM, pandor83 said:

Hi Guys,

I tried searching but couldnt find a definite answer.

Firstly how are you suppose to replace the rear number plate light? I took a screwdriver and 'gently' prised the plastic cover away. The black surround is still there, does that need to come off too?

Secondly, in prising away the plastic cover i've broken it! Does anyone know the part number, ideal place to buy, cost?

thanks

I've just done the same mate. 

Did you find any resolve to this, and if so how?

I'm trying local scrapyards, but to no success so far. Are there any websites, or online tutorials/videos as to how to do this replacement correctly. 

Thanks

On 1/17/2014 at 11:08 AM, Heidfirst said:

you could try PMing Parts King on the forum for both the part no. & cost. Alternatively visit your local scrapyards or search on ebay for a car being broken.

Hey Heidi

How do I "PM" Parts King please?

Go to your profile. In the tool bar across the top, click on the envelope symbol and then 'Compose New'. Enter 'Parts-King' in the 'To' box, compose the personal message (PM), and send.

• Like 1

I have just had the same problem.

If you remove the plastic cover from inside the boot lid, this comes off quite easily with a screwdriver, then take hold of the back of the bulb holder with the wires attached and turn one quarter, (sorry can't remember if it was clockwise or anti-clockwise) and then pull the bulb holder out. You do not have to touch the outer cover or any of the outside of the light. The bulb just pulls out and is a standard push in bulb.

You should not need to force anything as they both (the black plastic cover and bulb holder) come out very easily and go back just as easily.

My car just failed the MOT on this and the rear fog lights not working (T180 2009 - old shape model). When the tester showed me the internal light on the dash did not work either so he said it was not a bulb problem. He tried a couple more times to show me and on one of the occasions it worked. It appeared through lack of use it had stopped working or some dirt had somehow got in. I have kept twisting it on and off and it now seems to work every time so have to take back tomorrow for retest.

Hope this helps

Hi Pandor83,

We too had the exact same issue with our 2010 T27 2.0 diesel saloon only recent, a bulb stopped working, so my other half tried pulling the lamp housing off from the outside with a screwdriver and broke the lamp cover, we rang Toyota, quoted 56.00 including vat if i remember correctly, we then removed the remainder of the lamp housing from the inside...open the trunk lid, remove the clips attached to the grey carpet looking cover, and squished the 2 clips to remove the holder which will then simply push out...which is what he should have done in the first place!!!!

Anyway, long story short...my brother happened to be going up North and we found a breakers there who removed them off a breakers T27...looked brand new and paid 20.00 for the pair.

However if the units are removed carefully via internal access...then its a case of removing the bulb cover VERY CAREFULLY by seperating each clip to the sides to get to the bulb. I dont recall being able to turn the bulb from the rear of the unit to gain access to the bulb...one has to remove the clear cover.

Hope this helps somebody out there. 

• Like 1

I've just got the new number plate light part and I am going to attempt the "right" way tomorrow - to remove the carpet cover and remove the lamp clip.

If anyone has any videos\tutorials on this then, post away...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links