Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius T4 As A Company Car

Phil Aylott

Hi thinking of getting a Prius T4 as a company car. Approx mileage will be 25-30k a year. Does anyone drive one for work and can advise if it will be a wise choice?

Thanks

Phil

I guess you're choosing the t4 because of cruise control? The t3 comes with the smaller wheels, but they give a smoother, quieter ride. Can you not stretch to the fully loaded t-spirit?

If you're on the motorways the car is a smooth ride but the engine will rev when you try to overtake at 80 mph. Maybe arrange an extended test drive?

I have test drove the spirit but unfortunately only the T3 and T4 are on the list. One of the reasons for the choice was i am hoping to be better off tax wise. Apart from what you have mentioned would you recommend it?

If it's a company car and you're keeping in within the 5 years /100k warranty then you'll be fine.

It ISN'T an enthusiasts drive, BUT it is a nice, relaxing, smooth ride. I still get a small pleasure cruising along using no petrol, in complete silence. You do then look on at other cars as wasteful when you're sat in a jam not going anywhere looking at everyone else chugging away, whilst you're in silence WITH your a/c on.

Don't worry about people taking the ****. My experience is everyone will, but as soon as they're alone with you they'll ask you all sorts of intelligent questions about the car.

But it is a different drive and you'll either love it or hate it, it's not for everybody. At one time I used to drive around quickly, overtaking at every opportunity and generally driving cars with enthusiasm. But it's way too stressful, too many speed cameras and fuel costs a fortune. With the Prius you'll get where you're going just as quickly, you'll be relaxed and instead of alleviating the boredom by overtaking, you'll try and beat your best mpg scores. It'll appeal to your inner nerd. :)

Your fleet manager will love you as well. You really need to hammer the car to get less than mid 40's to the gallon - seriously.

If it's a company/lease car make sure they use 0w20 oil at the services instead of the cheaper 5w30.

Using the cheaper oil hits the mpg (and performance) so you will pay more out on fuel than saved on oil.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links