Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid Health Check At Main Dealers

cootuk

Copied from a previous topic:

The hybrid health check that is carried out for free when Toyota dealers service one's hybrid, extends the Battery warranty for 1 year/10,000 miles. So if one continues with the Toyota dealer servicing beyond the five year new car warranty, the warranty extension will be renewed every year and provided a service is carried out just before the vehicle's 10th birthday, the final warranty extension will continue beyond the vehicle's 10th birthday and will effectively have provided cover for 11 years.

One can of course, if having servicing done outside the Toyota dealer network, pay a Toyota dealer to undertake a yearly hybrid health check (£39 per year), and for each hybrid health check, you will receive the 1 year/10,000 mile warranty extension as in the first paragraph.

So if I have it right. My hybrid Battery warranty is currently eight years (delivered 5 Sep 2013) so I read that all I have to do is have it serviced (or pay £39) on the 4 Sep 2021, 4 Sep 2022 and 4 Sep 2023 for a continuous warranty until 4 Sep 2024. that seems a good deal.

I will probably still get the two year full services done at a dealer though for peace of mind.

Yes. Just make sure you have the hybrid health check done before the Battery warranty expires - ie on or before the 4th September - so you have continuous cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a Full+ service and the hybrid health check(HHC) box on the service sheet was crossed out (indicating not done), nor did I get any paperwork showing HHC results.

Why do we have to keeping chasing dealers over such matters!

Just had a Full+ service and the hybrid health check(HHC) box on the service sheet was crossed out (indicating not done), nor did I get any paperwork showing HHC results.

Why do we have to keeping chasing dealers over such matters!

Your location shows as Non UK. I'm guessing the HHC is only applicable to the UK, though I believe Norway has it's own similar version, as does Portugal. I've had a look on the Irish Toyota website and it doesn't mention anything about the HHC, so I wonder if they don't offer it? The website does have a feedback section, so might be worth dropping them a note if applicable.

But if you are in the UK or an area that offers the HHC, then you should name and shame the dealer for not performing it. The following is from the Toyota UK website;

A free Hybrid Health Check is now included with any Hybrid Service. But if you're not due a service for a while you can still benefit from the Hybrid Health Check at a cost of £39.

When I had my service recently, I checked and double checked it would include the HHC and was told yes it would. But there was no HHC paperwork after the service and I was told there isn't any standard paperwork to issue for the HHC. And it doesn't show on the MyToyota webpage. So I have no proof that it was done should I need it.

I was told that there is no paper work for HHC. It does not make sense; it should be recorded somewhere. I suspect all Toyota owners have the health check carried out so Mr T does not think it is necessary to have HHC records???

This is all a crock of dogs doo dars!

When a Hybrid has an HHC, there is an HHC certificate to print out. The equipment used stores the vehicle chassis number, uploads those details to Toyota and can be viewed / printed off by any Toyota dealer that logs onto the Toyota Tech system

If anyone tells you there is no paperwork I can say with hand on heart that's a pile of carp!

YOU GET AN HHC CERTIFICATE if it has been completed, if you don't have one go back to your dealer and get them to print it out for you

If you are told there is no paperwork, change your dealer!

Rant over :angry:

• Like 2

I confirm I got a certificate that showed the different things checked and their PASS/FAIL status

I agree with PartsKing. I had my HHC done earlier in the year and paid £39 for the pleasure. I got a certificate. OK it's not much and literally just says PASS in the relevant boxes, but a dated certificate it is.

I was wondering if the dealers only give it when you pay for it and it is assumed that if you have a Toyota service history, then you are automatically covered?

If not, then it's a typical Toyota dealer clock up, or elbows and a*ses, or left and right hand not knowing what they're doing. If we're not getting what we ask for and we (collective of us lot in this forum), then what hope for the innocent folk out there with a Toyota hybrid who don't know about the HHC?

So the warranty is reduced to 5 years for new hybrids this April with the defense that owners getting the car serviced at a Toyota dealer have the protection of the HHC, yet it appears that this 'might' not be the case. What happens if the above members Battery goes pop? Are they covered or not? Will they have issues? Or does the HHC only get done for vehicles outside the existing warranty (early gen3 owners etc)?

I know Name & Shame is not encouraged on this forum and a number of my posts requesting this in the past have been removed, but if we can't name them on here, surely there needs to be an option to report back to Toyota directly via the forum?

My Prius is due a 30k service in 5 or 6 weeks - if no one beats me to it, I'll post a scan of it on here.

• Like 1

Recently had my car serviced, MOT'd and HHC'd at Westlands Toyota Hereford (lovely folk) and received a comprehensive 'Hybrid Health Check Confirmation' certificate, with all the various category checks (11) marked 'pass'. Now filed along with MOT certs.

• Like 2

When a Hybrid has an HHC, there is an HHC certificate to print out. The equipment used stores the vehicle chassis number, uploads those details to Toyota and can be viewed / printed off by any Toyota dealer that logs onto the Toyota Tech system

Does that also update the 'MyToyota' data?
  • Like 1

Does that also update the 'MyToyota' data?

Yes

Just checked mine and sure enough it shows including my mileage. Having just checked MyToyota now I notice they also performed an ECU flash recall at that time.

They also have my upcoming service showing on MyToyota and next to that symbol is a reminder for the HHC too. So it looks like the Toyota system is very much aware of the HHC.

Silly question, whats 'MyToyota'? Is it an online data of your car's service history?

Part of Toyota.co.uk - see: http://www.toyota.co.uk/owners-info/my-Toyota

It isn't quite 100% yet - for example Toyota are currently looking at an issue on the car tax section where some owners are unable to add a new event.

Silly question, whats 'MyToyota'? Is it an online data of your car's service history?

As Frosty has pointed out, yes it is. You will have to prove that you own the vehicle, in other words, you cannot type in any reg number and look at that, but it is easily done at your dealer, and once confirmed you can look at any history on the car

Try this link;

http://www.toyota.co.uk/owners-info

I never asked my dealer to authorise or 'switch on' the info, but I do recall when I first registered that I had to provide some proof or evidence that I was the owner; maybe some info from the V5, I can't remember now.

But it is an interesting service as it shows all your services, recalls, updates, investigative work, a/c regas etc.

Not exactly a goldmine of information, and the text box, unless I'm missing something, is very limited and cuts off the sentence. So for example, mine has such helpful entries as:

Booking Details

Carried out complimentary Vehi

Claim not covered by warranty

But useful to recall when the services were done, even if, like me and my memory, you have no idea now what claim was being rejected two years ago.

Not exactly a goldmine of information, and the text box, unless I'm missing something, is very limited and cuts off the sentence. So for example, mine has such helpful entries as:

Booking Details

Carried out complimentary Vehi

Claim not covered by warranty

But useful to recall when the services were done, even if, like me and my memory, you have no idea now what claim was being rejected two years ago.

It is a snapshot of the information held, not a library of documents, but will serve as a reminder of service dates and work done by date etc, it was never designed as a complete archive, the dealer who did the work holds that information

That's useful to know, thanks. I had thought maybe that was the only record now being kept, so very minimal. If the dealer keeps the detailed info then that's all to the good.

Having things like the spec of the car to hand in there is quite funky too. The "apps and maps" thing though does nothing for me - asks for a log in and just says "system error", so haven't seen that yet.

This is all a crock of dogs doo dars!

If anyone tells you there is no paperwork I can say with hand on heart that's a pile of carp!

YOU GET AN HHC CERTIFICATE if it has been completed, if you don't have one go back to your dealer and get them to print it out for you

If you are told there is no paperwork, change your dealer!

Rant over :angry:

I have just checked my paper work and can confirm that when I had a full service done for 60K miles on 08/06/14, the HHC was carried out and a certificate was issued. All the boxes have "Passed" typed in them.

.... it shows all your services, recalls, updates, investigative work, a/c regas etc.

Prompted by this discussion I had another look at mine, and it also shows my Club Toyota renewal that I did online on Monday!

(although they seem to call it Toyota Roadside Assistance now)

Toyota did a revamp on Club Toyota (think at the end of 2012) - the benefits section is called Toyota Rewards and the breakdown service Toyota Roadside Assistance.

Just a follow up regarding my lack of HHC proof, I contacted the dealer and 'no certificate was available'. I think this confirms the HHC was not done!

They are going to do one separately now...this could have all been so simple if they had just done it right the first time....

It's things like this that seriously tempt me to change makes I'm afraid, although I really like the car.

(GrumpyCabbie, I am in the UK and Parts-King, changing dealer would involve a fairly long journey, but thanks for confirming that a HHC certificate should always be available!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links