Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Both Rear Side Lights Gone At Same Time!

Chris_munday

I was driving in london around a couple of hours ago and a very nice cabbie pulled me over and told me that I have no rear lights on. So I pulled over to check this. 2 Brake lights, upper break light, reverse light, fog light and indicators are all working just no side lights. Has anyone ever come across this? Can anyone give me some pointers?

I think to be honest with all of the problems I have had with this car (Blown head gasket (replaced by toyota under warranty), sun roof not opening and closing properly, leaks, condensation problems, Squeaky drivers seat, CONSTANT RATTLES!!!) I think it is the worst built car I have ever driven! Its only an 07 plate!

I'm pulling my hair out! please help!!

Just the rear side lights, or front & rear?

How often do you check your lights, could it just be that you never realised one failed, and the other has gone the same way x days later, not necessarily both gone at the same time?

In the fuse panel beneath the dashboard on the passenger side, have you checked fuse number 1 - which controls the tail lights. If this is OK check the bulbs.

Not sure if the fuse is the problem as the OP states that the brake lights were OK, and in most cars, they are usually a twin filament bulb, shared with the rear lights, unless this model has separate (bulbed) brake lights.

In my Auris the stop light bulbs are separate to the tail light bulbs. However, the 2010-2012 Auris does have different rear light clusters to the 2007-2010 Auris

Hi guys. The fuse that does the rear tail lights (these are the ones not working) also does number plate light and some others (number plate light is working). Having panicked thinking it was a wiring problem I posted on here in haste. When I got home I pulled both bulbs out and they are both blown. I just think it's so odd that two would go. But as aceshigh84 said it could be that one went and I didn't realise and then the other one went. Just seems odd to me. I've just popped into my local blitz autobitz and bought some bulbs so when I get home I'll put these in and see if it works. However, I would like to say, thank you very much to the people who have helped me! I'll update this with the results

Don't know if you saw my post a few days ago, but basically the same thing as happened to mine - except mine lost the dipped headlamp bulbs. Half a second of illumination, then nothing ! Fuses fine, relay fine - both bulbs blown. Looking at previous posts, this is quite a common problem .......