Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr Valve

Decorator an

Just joined but been lurking for ages have an avensis estate 2.2 diesel 06 having lots of problems with starting acceleration and general rubbish mpg we'll over last week garage recommended new EGR valve 280 pound for the part anyway seen the threads on cleaning the valve yesterday with pictures so decided to give it a go, never seen so much carbon could only see 1 breather hole on the manifold part used carb cleaner, tooth brush, small paint brush and cleaned it out to reveal all3 holes then took the valve apart doused it in carb cleaner good scrub at it then noticed piston wasn't sitting flush so gave a really good clean and pushed said piston in and out whilst spraying carb cleaner and scrubbing with brushes now sits flush put back together fired up second time and boom runs like a dream again so thanks for all the threads on this I'm one happy fellla. Three pound seventy five for carb cleaner and a hour of my time.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links