Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Auris Hybrids Have The 12 Volt Flat Battery Problem?

RunningInPleasePass

Just got a call from my dealer's service manager.

Apparently, in my case anyhow, there is a tech boffin from mr T,

flying up to personally check over the car & re-flash the dashboard ECU.

Booked in for the 29th, so watch this space.

After 10 months of waiting, suppose another week is no biggie.

Will be so nice to not switch the hazards on & off at the end of each day.

Mind you, I'll probably forget & keep doing that, as it seemed to have done the trick.

Battery #3 has been just fine since January. <--- oops! Hope that's not tempting fate.

G...

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

The repair bulletin has just been published today for those of you with a 12v battery issue call your dealer and quote bulletin ref BE-0069T-0514 and you will get your car reflashed with updated software.

Good news, I will ask for this when my car is in for it's service.

Thanks for the information.

In addition to the bulletin Toyota published a letter to all staff today advising the bulletin was now available and asking that any customers that have been affected by this issue be contacted by the dealer ASAP to correct the fault and also that during routine servicing any NG Auris Hybrid built before the fix implementation have the repair completed regardless of weather an issue has been reported.

In addition to the bulletin Toyota published a letter to all staff today advising the bulletin was now available and asking that any customers that have been affected by this issue be contacted by the dealer ASAP to correct the fault and also that during routine servicing any NG Auris Hybrid built before the fix implementation have the repair completed regardless of weather an issue has been reported.

Thanks for the information, as someone who has been effected by this fault twice, it will be interesting to see if my dealer contacts me.

Woo! Hope this does the trick; Good luck guys! :D

Out of interest, what's an NG hybrid?

Out of interest, what's an NG hybrid?

New (second) generation Auris Hybrid.

G...

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

NG is also used to describe the current Corolla sedan and the current petrol/diesel Auris.

• 1 month later...

I've just had the ECU updated while my car was in for it's service, so, hopefully, the problem of the 12 volt Battery going flat is sorted out for me now.

I just need to re-train myself to stop turning the hazard warning switch on and off after I've switched the car off now!

• Like 1