Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bugs

vmail

just washed my car cos it was full of bugs, been driving on the freeway for about an hour and the bugs are back, what can I do to stop the bug from sticking to the car, Im not gonna wash the car everytime I take it out

try putting clingfilm on your bonnet,grill etc.then after your trip peel it off :lol:

erm.. would that work!!! :unsure::rolleyes::bye:

try  putting clingfilm on your bonnet,grill etc.then after your trip peel it off :lol:

erm.. would that work!!! :unsure::rolleyes::bye:

haven,t tried it.sounds ok though. :) :) :)

Keep your car well waxed and they come off easier!

cheers

no the cling film works really well used it to go to shows etc make sure its on tight tho and leave your car to run for a bit to make sure it doesnt expand too much!!!! :thumbsup:

Keep your car well waxed and they come off easier!

yep, try this out, it has worked great for me for years on various cars.

a good brand thick wax, like in a flat tin. get a spray bottle, put about 2 teaspoons in, fill it with hot water. give it the shake of its life.

apply a couple coats of pure wax to the car, the good stuff. then do what i do (unless you think im OTT)

when ever you go out and get back clean it down with the spray and a soft cloth. (obviously not if its covered in grit) i find it removes insects well and keeps building up a shine and protection. i wash my car about every 3 weeks. but i dont go out in the rain much and it's garaged.

my windscreen is covered in bug splats... scooshers don;t take them off... gonna have to get out there with a bucket and sponge ( yeah right )... lol

try putting clingfilm on your bonnet,grill etc.then after your trip peel it off :lol:

But dont suffocate the engine, if your covering near your grille!!

Isn't that what those weird Leather things across the noses of cars are supposed to help prevent? (I used to always see them attached across the bonnets/bumper of Porches in 80's TV programmes, especially american ones, pretty much like a bondage mask for a car)

Personally I just let them build up and don't worry about it unless they are blocking my view.

The leather nose cones are popular in the southern states where bugs are big and numerous.

I find a good way of keeping the paint pristene is to use a sellotape type material, that way it doesn't blow off if you go past a lorry and when you want to show off peel off the tape, and you have no stone chips or bug splats.

Isn't that what those weird Leather things across the noses of cars are supposed to help prevent? (I used to always see them attached across the bonnets/bumper of Porches in 80's TV programmes, especially american ones, pretty much like a bondage mask for a car)

there actual called 'car bra's" :lol::lol::lol:

there actual called 'car bra's" :lol::lol::lol:

is that true????

if so I want to buy a bra for my car :lol::lol:

does that le senza shop sell them :lol::lol:

But dont suffocate the engine, if your covering near your grille!!

If it suffocates your engine .. move your engine to the proper place in a car - the rear :)

Car Bra's also stop stone chips ..

if so I want to buy a bra for my car :lol::lol:

does that le senza shop sell them :lol:

Go past clapton common, then turn left into SOHO (4 the london'ers) :D

Hmm there very popuar with show cars i will ask my dad tonight (he's got a red 66 mustang convertible) and he has one for that. i will kepp you posted mate :thumbsup:

Think I might have to have a few of the number 3 ones :drool:

Also, where does this go on my car? :blink:

bigboudoirtanga.jpg

Meguiers Bug and Tar remover....

what will only remove it right? but I want to stop them from sticking to the car

here are some US sites bra 1 and bra 2

last one bra 3 :D

Hope this helps

I prefer mine nakid

Meguiers Bug and Tar remover....

what will only remove it right? but I want to stop them from sticking to the car

dont drive the car into airborn bugs then!

you aint gonna stop them hitting the car fullstop are you!

:lol:

drive backwards, at least that way they wont get all over the bonnet! :thumbsup:

dont drive the car into airborn bugs then!

you aint gonna stop them hitting the car fullstop are you!

:lol:

Maybe you should wrap it in cotton wool, leave it in the garage, and never drive it :P

what are you like with you alloy wheels then? do you avoild all the puddles on the road :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links