Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lets Have A Wee Fight!

JappyBeast

Jappy.... say ...

"Tubbys are better than n/a's" ... or your not getting the centre panel for the lights..... lol :lol:

Say it... say it now... say my name bi*ch.... :!Removed!: Sorry.. got excited

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• Fizz

• Bibbs

• Titto

Top Posters In This Topic

Jappy.... say ...

"Tubbys are better than n/a's" ... or your not getting the centre panel for the lights..... lol :lol:

that statement says it all right there!... :thumbsup:

Tubby Fever....once it hits... there aint no going back.... :ph34r:

sending the girlfriend away in her slob tracksuit, and getting her comming back a stone lighter, with a boob job and dressed as a school girl

says it best really tbh lol :lol::lol::lol:

Cat amongst pigions:

Ill agree Tubby MR2's are better than NA ones, bound to be, same car but loads faster........BUT, if i could afford the insurance on a tubby MR2, id get something else (supra/200sx/nova :P ) ;)

Reason i bought my 2, Jap (all other cars boring), Rear Wheels drive - not a fan of scrabble, quicker than a 306 diesel..... t-bar was novel, but the other options were a 306 diesel or a mini :eek:

*cat now causing serious greif :P *

Jappy.... say ...

All I can say is Jappy be a man and DON'T SAY IT !!! :P

( Jim Lad don't say owt to Jappy I will have your c/panel :yes: )

and I see you have the voices again :D

bit late in the thread but i can insure a supra twin turbo for £400 less than my rev 1 turbo - under £600 fully comp!!!

if the drivers are equally skilled then the turbo will win round the track, there was a test done a while back and the turbo was quicker

Face it - The best thing about N/As is you get better fuel economy and reliability.

That is it! I bought an N/A MR2 because I wasn't exactly sure I wanted to deal with mid-engine + rear wheel drive + snap oversteer as a result of boost straight away, after previously having owned a Golf.

I crave something much faster now that I understand the behvaiour of my G Limited (5 times out of 10 I can even catch it before it spins)!

RX7 next, I think. They're just soooooo gorgeous. :thumbsup:

Also... what's the point in having a flashy car that doesn't perform ? ( n/a ).

You saying that the n/a doesnt perform? lol.. my MR2 isnt slow at all.

I bet you still cant keep up with me round town Jimlad!

LOL@this thread.. I posted this really late last night not knowing what the response would be.. Had my n/a for ages now living in the shadow of the tubby and I dont think its such a big deal!

Is someone gonna smack me at JAE?

the cars are different, thats it.

End of the day round a cuircuit its down to driver any way. Only thing a turbo will automatically make you 'win' at is a blast off the lights.

Screech, you drove drove straight past me on the straight in your tubby, if we were on a twisty ***** b road, would you have kept up ?? :thumbsup:

if i could insure it i would buy a turbo, but i cant being only 20. So the n/a mr2 is a good introduction to rwd cars at a reasonable price with decent enough performance.... nuff said.

So do most people on here who own n/a's want to eventually own a tubby?

i'll eventually have best of both, my rev2 with tamed but not dulled handling with a rev 3 turbo lump, setup for 250 bhp but to emulate n/a power delivery none of this wack of boost lots of power stuff, nice no lag bb turbo, little boost. Thats the way for 'fastest useable' power.

Naaa, i wouldnt want a tubby, nothing against them but i seriously prefer N/A engines. I just like the basic thing pulling rather than having additional devices kicking in to help out...just how i am. I didnt buy the 2 for power anyway, its the looks i love. But now i would like more power...so im slowly modding it! Gonna get some reasonable power improvements out of this 12 year old baby!

..im secretly jealous. i need a tubby....

everyone needs a tubby...... :D

Also... what's the point in having a flashy car that doesn't perform ? ( n/a ).

Tubby got the looks and the performance.

I don't think there's any doubt that the Tubby is faster than the N/A... :(

BUT, the N/A is still faster than a lot of other cars out there, so saying it doesn't perform isn't really true. You need to compare it to other cars and not just the "superior" version of itself... :thumbsup:

I'm a torque junkie .. and unless you get a V8 in there .. the old 4pot aint got much of that ..

(and even if I had a V8 MR2 .. I'd supercharge it :) )

My n/a is perfect for what I bought it for.

I wanted a small economical car, that looked good, was fun to drive and above all was NOT front wheel drive..

I can get 300+ miles to a tank. so it suits me perfectly :D

Should I need a quick blast theres a supra TT with nitrous in the garage :)

i'll eventually have best of both, my rev2 with tamed but not dulled handling with a rev 3 turbo lump, setup for 250 bhp but to emulate n/a power delivery none of this wack of boost lots of power stuff, nice no lag bb turbo, little boost.  Thats the way for 'fastest useable' power.

The instant agressive kick of the boost is what makes it fun... ( unless you're cornering in the wet.... doh... smash! )

i'll eventually have best of both, my rev2 with tamed but not dulled handling with a rev 3 turbo lump, setup for 250 bhp but to emulate n/a power delivery none of this wack of boost lots of power stuff, nice no lag bb turbo, little boost.  Thats the way for 'fastest useable' power.

The instant agressive kick of the boost is what makes it fun... ( unless you're cornering in the wet.... doh... smash! )

Thats all it is for me... Your head being pinned back into the head rest!.. cant beat the feeling of when the turbo kicks in.. its like you have awoken a monster... :drool:

Mine is n/a and is a quick car but if i had the spare cash i would much rather

have a tubby as i ive got so used to the power it just doesnt feel that quick

anymore.

Still not used to driving it in the wet though!! :D

today i had a little bit of a nice experience, now normally i just like to boot it in 1st or 2nd and watch the passenger scream but then i usually run out of road and its hit the brakes time. Today for the first time i got into 3rd on an empty road....floored it, full boost and then into 4th, full boost and the car just FLEW. Up till now I was beginning to think i had become used to the cars power but damn i hadnt experienced that before. Full boost + 3rd and 4th gear is !Removed! amazing, im still high from it lol

I actually experienced 'torque Steer' today when setting off in 1st. I was amazed.

But yeah, I'm not that impressed with the n/as power. However, love the handling.

i have to agree with the points that i just got a n/a for the pure looks and that its economical.

i admit i was at first looking at a tubby, but insurance was a bit too much for me at the moment, as iv just sold my 1.2 corsa. lol

so, the n/a is fine and well for me for the moment, while i build upon my 2yrs no claims, and pay of my loan, - then its tubby time. :)

Torque steer? in a rwd car??????? huh??

I love the handling of my '2.. but it admitedly lacks power :(

Lets be honest... how often are you gonna take a MR2 to the track>?... for the average Jo.. it aint gonna happen all that often if at all...

So what you want is something to put a smile on ya face and to look good at the same time...

all of the above = Tubby!

today i had a little bit of a nice experience, now normally i just like to boot it in 1st or 2nd and watch the passenger scream but then i usually run out of road and its hit the brakes time. Today for the first time i got into 3rd on an empty road....floored it, full boost and then into 4th, full boost and the car just FLEW. Up till now I was beginning to think i had become used to the cars power but damn i hadnt experienced that before. Full boost + 3rd and 4th gear is !Removed! amazing, im still high from it lol

I can't wait till I get my clutch fitted.... oh... the monster will awake once more ! Wooohoo.

I'll have a smile on my face all week.

It's seriously so bad I can only drive with 0.2bar boost, at the most ! Anymore and the clutch slips. DOH !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links