Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Auris Hybrid Battery Going Flat

Truthseeker

Just came across this today on the official Toyota website on the "Your Questions Answered" section.

Q) Have Toyota got any nearer sorting out the problem of the 12 volt Battery going flat for the Auris Excel Hybrid yet?It has effected me twice, and on some forums, one owner is on their third Battery.It’s very hard to get an handle on the number of owners effected but UK forums have about 8 cases and European ones about 35.

A) We obviously are aware of this issue and work is still ongoing regarding the resolution with our European office. Regrettably we do not have a timeframe at this stage but we are aware of the disappointment and inconvenience this is causing so we do resolve this matter as quickly as we can.

Q) I’m pleased that Toyota have acknowledged that they have this problem and are working to find a solution.
Up to now owners have been told there is not a problem, it’s faulty batteries, the Battery just needs charging, or, the most silly reason, don’t go near the car with the key fob unless you are going to start it.
Keep us up to date with this problem, I’m sure that more then just the effected owners will be taking an interest.

My apologies for double posting - feel free to delete if need be.

It's useful to keep this post in the Auris club - so Auris Hybrid owners who may have a similar problem and who haven't accessed the Hybrid/Toyota Prius club can be made aware of the issues.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I purchase an Auris Touring HSD October 2013, having previou.sly owned a Prius for 2 years with no problems at all. Last Tuesday, 4th Feb, I went to car (having not used it since previous Saturday) and it was totally dead - no entry system, key did not appear to work (i had never used one before with 2 previous smart entry cars!). AA man got into car with key, confirmed 12V Battery dead. After jump starting cars, and charging Battery he did Battery drain tests and came up witn a figure of 0.59amp. He said this was too high so the vehicle taken to main dealer for checks. They came up with a drain figure of 0.02amp. They fully charged the battery and said they were no problems with the vehicle.

I purchase an Auris Touring HSD October 2013, having previou.sly owned a Prius for 2 years with no problems at all. Last Tuesday, 4th Feb, I went to car (having not used it since previous Saturday) and it was totally dead - no entry system, key did not appear to work (i had never used one before with 2 previous smart entry cars!). AA man got into car with key, confirmed 12V battery dead. After jump starting cars, and charging battery he did battery drain tests and came up witn a figure of 0.59amp. He said this was too high so the vehicle taken to main dealer for checks. They came up with a drain figure of 0.02amp. They fully charged the battery and said they were no problems with the vehicle.

Hello Guy and welcome.

You need to read this post:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/155262-how-many-auris-hybrids-have-the-12-volt-flat-battery-problem/

And this post:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/155609-is-this-why-my-auris-hybrid-battery-is-going-flat/

You are not alone, it's happened to cars all across Europe, the problem is well known now, Toyota are working on it and I'm surprised your dealer were not able to tell you about it.

My advice is to return to your dealer and ask them to fit you a new Battery and for them to inform Toyota Customer Support that you have had this problem,

I contacted main dealer again today. The service manager said that everything was working OK when they had my car in and had fully charged the Battery, and they could not replace the Battery as the Battery was found to be OK. There was nothing further they could do at present. She said that if Toyota were aware of this type of problem, and were working on it, they would get to the bottom of it and take any necessary action. She could offer no reason as to why the battery went flat in the first place, and only hope that I had no further problems!