Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazard Lights

tarquin

Hi everyone

As a lot of you know i modified my dash so all the display lighting is now blue and not the mustard/amber one most of you have.

My question is can anyone tell/ remind me if when the lights are on, is the hazard triangle illuminated? Had to use it quickly tonight and realised i couldn't see it so had to feel around for it. If the reply is, No its not, then it will be in a week or so. My wife's verso is lit up fine.

Cheers all

David

Can someone please check this for me. With the lights on and the instrument panels illuminated, is the hazard warning triangle lit up also or not

Cheers

David

Hi David

Red triangle is illuminated in the hazard switch, but only when exterior lights are on. Having the ignition on alone doesn't cause the switch to illuminate.

Hope you get it sorted...

Dave

Cheers Mate

Me thinks i removed the original Led and didn't replace it. Will check tomorrow. Was only asking as i didn't want to take it apart if it wasn't lit up

Davidt

Cheers Mate

Me thinks i removed the original Led and didn't replace it....

DoublePalm.jpg

• Like 2

Ha ha ha

Or it never worked when i bought the car. Don't ever remember it illuminating

David

I had to look on my way home as from memory I couldn't remember :o It is as Dash says ;)

Had a look when I went out this evening. Lights up orange with the lights in any position. Not illuminated when lights aren't on.

I didn't try pressing it though to see if it flashes with the hazards?

Craig.

Thanks Mark, Craig

Will take it out this morning and give it a slap

David

seems I replaced all the LED's in the A/C display with Blue ones and forgot the poor old Hazard one was meant to stay white!!! Before and after pics and a pic showing the offending LED with my pen pointing at it,, No not my new GT86 Pen before anyone asks,,

David

post-109788-0-37098100-1390512389_thumb.

post-109788-0-68606300-1390512404_thumb.

post-109788-0-07852800-1390512437_thumb.

• Like 1

Well and truly slapped now David? lol

Now I remember how good the interior lights in your car look, very 'cool blue.' As for the hazard warning light lighting up, I couldn't remember if it did or not. Last night I was out in the car and noticed it does, but you already know that now.

Hi Bob

I really apologise. I only just found a mail you sent me eons ago about visiting you. For some mods. Very sorry mate no idea how i missed it. I dont have the mail alerts so it only appears as a PM that i dont see without making a point of searching for as i view the forum on my phone nearly all the time.

If you would still like to some or all of what you were looking to do when the weather gets warmer, then that would be fine. Be great to meet up mate

David

• Like 1

Hi Bob

I really apologise. I only just found a mail you sent me eons ago about visiting you. For some mods. Very sorry mate no idea how i missed it. I dont have the mail alerts so it only appears as a PM that i dont see without making a point of searching for as i view the forum on my phone nearly all the time.

If you would still like to some or all of what you were looking to do when the weather gets warmer, then that would be fine. Be great to meet up mate

David

I just re-read it, and maybe I was being a bit too ambitious about the amount of work I was going to ask of you. However, it would be nice to get it done, but I think the DRL's will have to take a bit longer. I've got no problem paying for it all, but my wife has in a way, as in 'well, the lights work already, what is wrong with them?' I tell her that it improves the interior view for us, and also gives us more light inside than those weak-***** interior lights, and most of all for me, for it to be different than the mainstream iQ.

So, I think that was the current dome light conversion and all other interior lighting to blue, include footlights in front of car and fitting of another dome light in the back; boot/load area. If you'd like to drop me a PM with the damage that would be good, and yes, the offer of you coming up here for a visit still stands if you want to. Mind you, better waiting for more decent weather as you say. Cheers bud.

Here's something for you to think about David when you get a spare minute..... :)

My iQ has front fog lights but I've never used them except to turn them on to see if they still work before each MOT. What I'd like to do is keep the functionality of them being able to turn them on manually on the stalk switch but also have them come on with main beam for use as kind of spot lights.

I know they aren't spotlights and probably wont help too much but it would be good to use them I think.

I could simply run a wire to them from a relay that is connected to the main beam supply much as you would in a any other car but then there is the risk I'd be supplying 12v to a circuit that isn't expecting it and could damage the ECU or whatever controls the foglights and off course, where is the main beam feed, the bulb only has one filament so can't use that.

Just an idle thought, don't waste time circuit testing your whole car for me but if a simple solution springs to mind, love to hear it.

Cheers

Craig.

Craig, when I wired my Driving lamps with relay to come on with the High Beam. I tapped in to the loom to switch the relay at the headlight. As you would normally tap in to the High Beam, I just tapped in to the wire that activates the servo that moves the reflector. I will take a picture tomorrow and look to see what the wire colour is.

Craig

Mark has the idea and has done it. If you ever worry about a powered circuit going backwards up the the wrong path like you pointed out, simply fit a (Steering diode) in the circuit, this allows the + volts to travel in one direction only , from Anode to Cathode i.e through the diode exiting at the end marked with a ring around it. The + cannot go from the ring end to the other plain end. Use a 1N4007 available from Maplins for a few pence

I had this problem when i wanted to put the Tns510 into video input mode. When the reverse gear is selected a control 12v is sent from the ECU on a green wire to the Tns510 to get it to select video input for the camera. I wanted to be able to select video in without selecting reverse so i can see who is behind me whilst going along. By switching a separate 12v to the green wire it put the tns510 to video input mode but went back to the ECU and gave it the right hump!!! To resolve it i put a 1N4002 in line with the green wire preventing my added 12v going back to the ECU

David

And just to clarify, the power to light the Driving Lamps comes straight from the Battery via an inline fuse. So all the headlight servo wire does is activate the relay.

Cheers Guys, Sounds a pretty simple job for the summer then. I'll pop the bumper off and see what I can do. :)

Thanks again

Craig.

I might have my bumper off in the summer and move my HID inverters out of the engine bay. Cant be all that good for them on that heat

David

Ok Craig, I took a picture of where I got the High Beam feed to switch the relay. This is on the LH side. There is an inline conector that is clipped to the back of the headlight. I used a Scotch-Lock to tap into the black wire.

WP_20140126_005_zps1e809d57.jpg

WP_20140126_004_zps767ee78a.jpg

Looks neat but I would not have used a scotch lock connector as they are prone to working loose with vibration and tracking with damp.

A jet connector crimped on would be a more secure solution or maybe one of these:- http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/hylec-apl-24a-ip67-teebox-3-pole-mains-connector-n85lj

Its rather large that 82x70 I usually cut and solder, pack with grease and heat shrink

David

I know some people frown on them, but I've never had any trouble with them & they are easy to remove and tape over where it was to leave it back to standard.