Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Yaris 1.3 Or 2007 Yaris 1.8

vodkaman6661

I'm looking to upgrade my current 2001 yaris 1.0 to either a 2006 1.3 or a 2007 1.8.

At first I had my heart set on the 1.8 until I read a couple of reviews that stated that the engine suffered from high oil consumption but I have also heard that the 2006 model yaris suffers from clutch issues.

I'm 28, the insurance for the 1.3 is £41 a month and the 1.8 is £47 so not much difference.

The tax on the other hand is either around £77 or £120 for 6 months

I was just wondering the pros and cons of the two cars and which would you recommend?

The 1.8 2ZRfe engine in the Yaris was of a later design than the earlier 1.8 1ZZfe engine which suffered oil consumption. I have not seen nor heard of any issues with this engine nor are there any Bulletins from Toyota relating to oil consumption.

Again on the 1.3 there are no specific issues with cluches, a few people reported notchy gear shift which was due to a poorly manufactured selector fork, but the shift issue would be obvious on a test drive so steer clear if you find the shift notchy.

As for choice thats a personal one, the 1.8 is a rare car well thought of by its owners it drives much sportier has a unique body kit ( different bumpers, lights side skirts and 17" wheels ) also the interior has sports seats and trim which was not available on the 1.3

Pre 2008 1.3 SR was as sporty as the 1.3 got they had unique 16" wheels, lowering springs and tomtom nav other than that it was near identical to any other 1.3, certainly no where near as sporty as the 1.8 which was a dedicated factory built sporty car.

Ooh, I'd really love a 1.8 SR, chalk and cheese when pitted against the 1.3! Both great cars though!

I set my mind on the 1.8sr but when i rang up to go and see if I could test drive the car it had been sold that day :(