Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius Light Display On Dash

524Barry

For two years when the car lights are turned on there has been two indicators. The first a spread out light tag and on the second slot another light showing a depressed beam.

Having had the car into a dealer for service the second display on no longer there. It does not seem plausible that the Toyota company would not want the driver to have an indicator showing side lights and low beams at the same time.

Any ideas as to how to reinstall this feature??

Hello Barry - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Topic moved to Hybrid/Toyota Prius club.

It's a lights on facility. I'm happy with it just having one light, otherwise it gets fussy having one for sidelights and another for headlights, but each to their own.

My bug bear on the issue is that the light is not big enough and with the dull digital dash on at night, it is easy to forget to switch your headlights on in well lit town centers.

Not a fan of auto lights as having had them before, they never work properly in fog or wet weather and it doesn't hurt ones brain capacity to turn a switch yourself when it gets dark.

I think you will find that the indicator with the depressed beam shows that you have the front fog lights on. The garage just turned them off.

Not a fan of auto lights either - in fact I've never yet switched them on, either on the Prius or my previous Avensis.

What I find confusing is that the little green indicator showing lights-on is too close and similar to the green cruise control indicator. Been caught out more than once when having a momentary peek.

Is your 2009 Prius a gen2 or gen3?

If it is a gen3, then one of them is the front fog lights.

The switch for fog lights is on the left hand stalk and is a rotary switch. First position is front fogs on, second position is rear fogs on. The second position will spring back to position 1 on release so your rear fogs will not come back on when you restart the car. But the front ones will if you leave it in position 1.

LOL Chavtastic, been driving around for two years with the front fogs on :oops:

• Like 2