Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satnav Software Version ?

westferrychip

Hi all
I have a 2011 prius T spirit and I want to upgrade the software to see if the problem I have disappears. Only problem is I can't seem to find the software version that I have at present. Can anyone advise on finding this version info. I have attached a couple of photos to show which model have. Hope someone can help with this.

Many thanks in anticipation

Westferrychip

post-128077-0-08550600-1390490889_thumb.

post-128077-0-71268200-1390490911_thumb.

From my (very poor) memory.

Press "Setup" button

Click on "General"

Use the up and down arrows to find "System Information" and click on it.

Map ID is displayed

Thanks for a reply Sagitar

Tried that and I can get to "setup" - "general" -but there is no "system information" to click on ??? no matter where I move the up/down arrows. Just referred to the navigation handbook and it says the "Setup" "General" buttons take you to....

Language

voice recognition language

Beep

Auto Screen change

Line Colour

Keyboard layout

Unit of Measurement

Delete personal data

In that order but no System info.

Thanks anyway, if you can think of any other way please reply.

Westferrychip (Roy)

What fault are you getting?

Press " Navi" button then select "map data" this shows what version map & gracenote is installed.

You can also check software and manfacturer info in the service menus: power up the car into ready mode then press and hold the "info" button and cycle the headlamps on/off 3 times this will put the nav into its service menu BE CAREFULL as altering things in there can render your nav near useless.

Isn't there a 2nd screen from the sat-nav menu which is easy to miss ?. Seem to remember that is what mine has something like 2/2 ?- I would check outside but it is dark and cold !

Thanks for a reply Sagitar

Tried that and I can get to "setup" - "general" -but there is no "system information" to click on ??? no matter where I move the up/down arrows. Just referred to the navigation handbook and it says the "Setup" "General" buttons take you to....

Language

voice recognition language

Beep

Auto Screen change

Line Colour

Keyboard layout

Unit of Measurement

Delete personal data

In that order but no System info.

Thanks anyway, if you can think of any other way please reply.

Westferrychip (Roy)

Apologies for the error. I don't have the T Spirit any more so couldn't check. I hope Devon Aygo's suggestion works for you.

Hi Sagitar

I am attaching a few pictures of the problem as its a bit difficult to explain but basically I select a destination, in this case it was to direct me from the M3 around a link road to the M27, it has fooled me twice before and thats why I wanted to use the sat nav. I select the point on the M27 as first pic but when I start navigation it points to a road somewhere off the motorway and takes me all around the houses to get there. I shoulld add that as I have only used the sat nav a couple of times I don't know if this happens at other locations but surely I didn't pick the only place in the country this would happen did I !!! I hope I have explained the problem.

Thanks for your reply and interest.

Westferrychip (Roy)

post-128077-0-93936800-1390514863_thumb.post-128077-0-17113300-1390514903_thumb.post-128077-0-98775800-1390514938_thumb.

Peter Sale

Thanks for your reply

I have got two (well 1 and a half) pages on the "setup" - "general" page and the sub menus I mentioned are all that there are. I checked in the Navigation system handbook and it doesn't mention "system information" either.

But thanks for your interest. I have posted an outline of the problem I have as a reply to Agitar, if you have any ideas I would be grateful.

Westferrychip (Roy)

Perhaps the nav will not let you set a motorway as a destination, the nav appears to be defaulting to the nearest non motorway point to the one you have selected. To check try picking another point on a motorway and see where the nav decides is closest

Thanks Devon Aygo

I had already tried several other motorway destinations and all of those seem to be OK, in fact when you select a motorway destination it asks if you are sure you want to set a destination on a motorway, when you answer yes it will take you there. I have no idea why this particular area of the M3/M27 is a problem for my satnav.

Thanks again

Roy

Hi all

All this because I go from home to Southampton to get on a cruise ship !!!! Think I'll change and go to Gatwick and get on a plane.

I can in fact now negotiate this problem M3/M27 junction now without the aid of the satnav but I would just love to find the solution to this.

Thanks for all your help and interest.

Westferrychip (Roy)

Hi all

Think I have isolated the problem with my satnav. If I select the destination using "Map" it seems to be OK about 50% of the attempts and will return the comment "are you sure you want to set destination on a Motorway" and then it will be OK.

If I get the exact co ordinates from Google earth and enter those as a destination into a "quick" memory location it will fail as in the picture on reply #7 Also if I set the "quick" memory location using the Map it will fail again as #7 So it seems to be the "quick" memory that it doesn't like. I would love to hear from anyone who has this satnav (as in my first post) to see if they have the same problem. The co ordinates for the offending motorway point is 50 57 39 N 1 24 02 W or any point along that stretch of the link road to the M27 from the M3

Westferrychip

I have checked and there are no specific software upgrades for this issue, there are however map updates which may correct a mapping error but there is no info about what updates are included with the newer map.

If you want the map updated you will have to purchase a software license contained on a USB from Toyota then have your dealer install the maps with the license using a special tool.

Sorry, realised that you have the hard drive version rather than the DVD based system I have now in the Auris and previously had in the Gen 2 Prius - that does let you see which version disc you have.

Best of luck with it and with the M3 - knowing that area I know that it can get very busy and is easy to be pushed into the wrong lane or not easily change lane.

I have checked and there are no specific software upgrades for this issue, there are however map updates which may correct a mapping error but there is no info about what updates are included with the newer map.

If you want the map updated you will have to purchase a software license contained on a USB from Toyota then have your dealer install the maps with the license using a special tool.

I seem to remember it was at extortionate cost as well, £200 ?

Thanks for the info Peter Sale and Kithmo

I know the software update will cost around £200 my dealer seemed to have £ signs in his eyes when we discussed this problem. My point of view is that this has been a problem since I purchased the car so I thought the dealer would sort it but alas the dealer said that they could not diagnose a satnav problem without up to date software which I would have to pay for !!! I bet if it turned out to be a hardware or firmware problem which, I think, is covered under the warranty they wouldn't refund the software upgrade cost.

I think that £200 is an extortionate amount to pay for an upgrade, I bet not many owners bother at that price. Maybe if it was a sensible amount more people would have it done and consequently Toyota would get more income from it. does that make sense or is it only me ??

Thanks to all who responded to the post

Westferrychip (Roy)

Just for information.
I have realised that this seems to be a problem when using the "quick access" for motorways. I have tried all quick access points (1-5) on about five motorway points, all of them ,when recalled seem, to take you to the nearest off motorway point. So I have convinced myself that the quick access memory stores the nearest postcode to the point you select and as far as I am aware motorways don't have postcodes !!! I would like to find out if an upgrade would rectify this to allow the memory to store co-ordinates rather than postcode info. but I don't know where to find this info. does anybody know ??

I know you don't generally need destination points on motorways but as in my earlier posts I mentioned this was to get me round a particularly nasty junction on M3/M27 and may not need this facility again but it just bugged me as to why it wouldn't do it.

Westferrychip

Just a though, you haven't got the "Avoid motorways" option selected have you ?

Hi,please anyone tell me how to update my map ,i got prius 2011 tspirit, and can i get speed cameras alerts on it,

Thanks

Hi,please anyone tell me how to update my map ,i got prius 2011 tspirit, and can i get speed cameras alerts on it,

Thanks

The update can only be completed by a Toyota dealer & unfortunately no you cannot add speed cameras it is not a supported feature.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am a new member having just bought a low mileage 2012 reg prius and it has speed camera,s and warning beeps as well as a current speed limit icon

It's only the 2012 on models with touch & go Nav that can be updated by the owner.