Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aux Drive Belt

walfice

The belt on the left side of the engine (aux drive belt??) on my 2007 1.4d4d is squeaking/squealing for a minute or 2 on a cold start, you can see it bouncing up and down while it is squealing and then it runs silent as soon as the belt runs smoothly. Can this be adjusted or does it need replacing? If so how much would the replacement cost? It has now covered 115,000 trouble free miles and returns 55mpg so i don't begrudge replacing it if that is necessary.

Thanks

Send Parts King a personal message, giving details on your car, and stating what you want - he'll provide a price for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to hop on this thread, does anyone know how often the aux belt should be changed? I've a 1.6 petrol 57 plate (1ZR-FE?)

I had mine replaced yesterday, my local mechanic charged £33 for the belt and fitting. The manual says it should be checked at 6 years/60000 miles then at every 10000 mile interval. No mention of when to actually replace it

I had a look it's the timing belt not aux belt. It should be changed 9yrs/90k miles.

Pretty sure it's a belt. The manual says it is and there's a belt on the car.

Give Parts King a quick PM, remember to quote your index number so he can price up the right parts.

the diesels from 2.0 are chain driven timing chains (timing belt) but auxiliary is belt driven

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links