Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removed Thread

Soeley

Am I going mad or has a post by Airbagged gone missing?

Sure I saw it earlier when using my phone, but was going to have a proper look now on laptop, but it's gone. It was a thread about supercharging his iQ.

Airbagged has withdrawn his membership of TOC and asked for all information to be removed.

This is what he said before he vanished

My name is Daniel but I go by Airbagged on most all forums because back in the day when I started building vehicles I airbagged them, and the name just kind of stuck.

I own a 1.3 liter IQ and I have installed the Rotrex supercharger, the power gain is about 29hp and its one heck of a kick in the but for our little IQs! The installation was pretty tricky, but as a seasoned tech I was able to pull it off and even improve on some of the components within the kit. The kit currently being sold by power enterprise in Japan is a very high quality kit and their customer service is great! Only problem I had with the kit is that one of the pulleys they used in the kit was not the best choice for the job. I re designed a new pulley for the kit, had it machined, and shared all my info with power enterprise, so they can hopefully make the change to their kit, but if they don't, I have made a couple extra ones I can sell to anyone who purchases the kit to correct the problem. The issue is a distribution of load issue on the internal bearings caused by the belt, do to the design of the pulley they used. If someone is currently running one of these kits and has a hissing issue coming from their large smooth idler pulley please contact me at airbagged@earthlink.com and I can help you to solve the issue. My hope is that power enterprise will just go with my design so that the issue will just be a thing of the past.

Either way the kit is great, and I would highly recommend buying it!

• Like 1

This is what he said before he vanished

My name is Daniel but I go by Airbagged on most all forums because back in the day when I started building vehicles I airbagged them, and the name just kind of stuck.

I own a 1.3 liter IQ and I have installed the Rotrex supercharger, the power gain is about 29hp and its one heck of a kick in the but for our little IQs! The installation was pretty tricky, but as a seasoned tech I was able to pull it off and even improve on some of the components within the kit. The kit currently being sold by power enterprise in Japan is a very high quality kit and their customer service is great! Only problem I had with the kit is that one of the pulleys they used in the kit was not the best choice for the job. I re designed a new pulley for the kit, had it machined, and shared all my info with power enterprise, so they can hopefully make the change to their kit, but if they don't, I have made a couple extra ones I can sell to anyone who purchases the kit to correct the problem. The issue is a distribution of load issue on the internal bearings caused by the belt, do to the design of the pulley they used. If someone is currently running one of these kits and has a hissing issue coming from their large smooth idler pulley please contact me at airbagged@earthlink.com and I can help you to solve the issue. My hope is that power enterprise will just go with my design so that the issue will just be a thing of the past.

Either way the kit is great, and I would highly recommend buying it!

Yes, I have seen that and still can. Seems very strange that he would start posting here then ask for it to be withdrawn??

I was looking interesting what he had done, but only got a brief insight. Very strange indeed!

Didn't see it Mark. = your going mad

David

Cheers David, you just confirmed my thoughts :death:

• Like 1

I speak to Daniel (Airbagged) regularly. He has indeed supercharged his IQ and has almost replaced every bolt on that car :) I got his email address a while ago and since then chatted through emails now and again. His IQ is definitely one of a kind! Megan coilovers, Rolex Supercharger kit, huge brakes, 5-AD bodykit.. looks great.

• Like 1

Yes, I have seen that and still can. Seems very strange that he would start posting here then ask for it to be withdrawn??

I was looking interesting what he had done, but only got a brief insight. Very strange indeed!

After being presented with the rules of the forum he felt he could not be part of our club, shame really as I'm sure he had a wealth of knowledge to offer us.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links