Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 D4D 1Cd Ftv Mpg.....

Exvec

?My 2.0 d4d seems to be struggling at the moment economy wise ,i'm doing a 12 mile round trip to work and back which includes 3 miles of dual carriageway and a couple or 3 miles on urban roads,i know this is not what a car like mine was designed for but only getting 37mpg after average 4 miles ...??can other owners post up there MPG on the 2.0 d4d 1cd ftv engines so i can compare...or am i doing something wrong..

post-131671-0-07877300-1390665311_thumb.

Whilst it's not been a hard Winter so far nevertheless your mpg will be down several mpg over Summer. These engines are also known to be very slow to reach normal operating temperature - the chances are that yours is probably barely (if indeed it makes it) there by the time that you are finishing your journeys.

"These engines are also known to be very slow to reach normal operating temperature"

This is very true also bear in mind you have a estate.

I did try bg244. which increased MPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BG244-BG-244-Pro-Diesel-Fuel-System-Injector-Cleaner-Funnel-/221173617951?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item337ef9951f

or Try cleaning EGR valve.

I get poor MPG with aftermarket fuel filters, Genuine is best. I have seen some after market fuel filters are smaller than the genuine one, very easy to change too.

old Italian tune up?

Yep lads,its just that this is my first winter with the car having ran the Vectra 2.0dti for 7 or so years which was very frugal indeed to say the least however reliability wise it was the pits .allways issues somewhere along the line.one of the reasons why i came over to Mr T ..anyway i am happy with the motor in every other sense...apart from,must get the cruise control sorted, have made inroads into this predicament having purchased ..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321277262319?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649..just waiting for some half decent weather to give me the inclination to get off my fat arris and have a go..roll on spring.

Thats similar to my car. And I hardly ever use the motorway or dual carriageway. Its all local roads for me so I say you dnt have much to worrt about.

Is it due a service? Thats should make it better hopefully.

Low tyre pressures make a difference too.

Thats similar to my car. And I hardly ever use the motorway or dual carriageway. Its all local roads for me so I say you dnt have much to worrt about.

Is it due a service? Thats should make it better hopefully.

Low tyre pressures make a difference too.

Last serviced it in June of last year might be ready now though.

Hi... I have a 2012 Avensis 2.0 D-4D saloon which I bought in December. I haven't managed to get over 40mpg and that's with some motorway miles. I mainly drive the car at weekends with the family and don't do long trips. I had hoped to get more than 40mpg given the stats Toyota state.

Last serviced it in June of last year might be ready now though.

If you've done 10,000miles or more since then, you should get it serviced. New filters and fresh oil should improve mpg.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links