Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Prius T Spirit Prices..

noisyhen

Hi everyone.

It's that time to be looking for a new car and have been looking around to see what prices are available if I change to another T Spirit.

Has anyone bought one recently or are in the process of buying one, what deals are on offer?

Best offer, basic price £21,119.

Any ideas on trade in deals?

Checked We Buy Any Car and they value current car (2011) at £12,700.

Current car has Digital radio and wondered about going for the Tech Pack, anyone got one, I'd like to find out what they think?

Look forward to any replies.

We buy any car? Hmmm, talk about bottom book figures.

I was offered about £4,500 for mine but the cheapest gen3 with 130,000 miles is £7,000. I'd just push your dealers hard for a new car.

new 2014 T Spirit is £20,870 from www.drivethedeal.com

£4000+ discount, and sell your car privately....."you know it makes sense"

new 2014 T Spirit is £20,870 from www.drivethedeal.com

£4000+ discount, and sell your car privately....."you know it makes sense"

Noticed similar offers includes £1000 discount for taking finance.

Just started searching, will look forward to what deal I can get.

We buy any car? Hmmm, talk about bottom book figures.

I was offered about £4,500 for mine but the cheapest gen3 with 130,000 miles is £7,000. I'd just push your dealers hard for a new car.

Local dealer offered 'special' deal in August, part exchange value then £12,000.

Not special enough for me.

Find out when the end of quarter is for the dealers (usually around the time they hit you with special invites). Then get yourself along later in the day and drive a hard bargain. If you're the only ones sat their with a sales assistant 10 minutes before closing, you should get a cracking deal. Works every time for me.

I find trying to sell a car privately a nightmare.

Is the new Gen 4 Prius coming out this year? I wonder what price that will be. Have not heard much about it so far. Maybe worth waiting for the new Gen 4 to arrive at UK dealers.

They are due one aren't they. The gen2 ran from 2004 to 2009. I'd assume the gen3 would run from 2009 to mid 2014.

But there's been absolutely nothing released. Nothing at the last Detroit motorshow for the important US market. I wonder if it'll be 2015? Maybe the earthquake knocked them back a year?

Hopefully they'll allow this one to be specced up without the 17" alloys

• Like 1

I just hope they provide a spare wheel in the new Gen 4 Prius. I would consider buying a new Auris Excel but not until they get the Battery problem sorted.

Which is a damn shame as the new Auris and the estate HSD are good looking cars.

I bought my PiP through Drive The Deal:

http://www.drivethedeal.com/

Absolutely no problems, the opposite, they offered an extra £1,500 Toyota loyalty discount that I did not know was available.

How's the PiP? Did you have a Prius previously?

Noticed £7000 discount on PiP's.

I understood new Gen 4 was coming spring 2014 but it didn't appear in Whatcar new cars for 2014, so 2015 maybe.

Has anyone got the Tech Pack, seen no response about this?

Cannot handle all that beeping stuff made by modern cars, does this activate a lot of beeps?

I would like the PIP but no facility for a spare wheel puts me off. I have had the plug in point installed in my garage. I am all ready if Toyota would listen to customer needs with regard to the spare wheel. I also read somewhere that the Gen 4 would be available 2014. Toyota do not have a new reliable car with a spare wheel that makes me want to change my reliable Gen 3 at the present time.

The PiP does exactly what I want. For a few months beforehand I recorded all my journeys, over 80% are a round trip of less than 10 miles, the rest are typically 65 miles plus and we visit relatives in Scotland a couple of times a year. Compared with our previous T4 we are saving about £25-£30 a month on fuel and it is really nice to drive.

The only downside is the cabin heating. I knew it intellectually but not emotionally. If the trip is three or so miles or less there is no point in allowing the heater to operate, the car is just about warm when you arrive so there is no point in wasting fuel.

The best vent setting to use blows air to demist the windscreen but it also blows over your feet (the demist button starts the engine).

With the current cold weather my feet get very cold in those three miles, the heated seat is fine but it only warms your back and thighs. With the ventilation off the windscreen fogs up.

I bought a space saver wheel and tyre from a scrapyard for £20, it was unused, and a tyre bag and carry it in the boot on the longer trips. Not a problem.

The PiP does exactly what I want. For a few months beforehand I recorded all my journeys, over 80% are a round trip of less than 10 miles, the rest are typically 65 miles plus and we visit relatives in Scotland a couple of times a year. Compared with our previous T4 we are saving about £25-£30 a month on fuel and it is really nice to drive.

The only downside is the cabin heating. I knew it intellectually but not emotionally. If the trip is three or so miles or less there is no point in allowing the heater to operate, the car is just about warm when you arrive so there is no point in wasting fuel.

The best vent setting to use blows air to demist the windscreen but it also blows over your feet (the demist button starts the engine).

With the current cold weather my feet get very cold in those three miles, the heated seat is fine but it only warms your back and thighs. With the ventilation off the windscreen fogs up.

I bought a space saver wheel and tyre from a scrapyard for £20, it was unused, and a tyre bag and carry it in the boot on the longer trips. Not a problem.

The PIP would be exactly what I want too for all but 2 days of the month, and some holidays planned for the future. When travelling I often need all the boot space and under floor space. I could just live with losing the under floor space, but not having the spare in the boot as well.

When travelling across Europe I want all luggage out of sight in the boot, to minimise the chance of getting the car broken into.

For a while I drive a 2007 Prius with a third party plug-in conversion. The tiny firm that did the conversion squeezed in a Battery that gave nearly 40 miles, but still left room for the space saver. I'm still gutted that Toyota's relatively modest offering couldn't do the same.

Brokers do not seem interested in taking my car as part ex, as they normally use dealers this seems a bit odd to me.

Often referred to webuyanycar who I already have an onine quote from, in fact they have increased it by £80 today!

Dealer who is attempting to get me the best deal they can, will not go anywhere near webuyanycar offer which is over £400 more.

Anyone else had similar when attempting to get a part ex deal for Prius?

Yep drivethedeal is offering best price so far.

I dunno. Your profile says you're not in the UK, so perhaps things are different elsewhere.

I find trade in values are never very good, but often the dealer can assist if you're buying a new car from them. If not, they often know of a couple second hand dealers who will pay more for cars they're after.

I bought a Gen III recently from Vantage in Birmingham. Not only did they drop £1000 of the price, but also gave me a further £250 (more than other dealers) for my old Prius. To sweeten the deal, I got a 1 year Full Toyota P & L warranty and Free Breakdown!

Perhaps worth a call? If you do ask for Becky.... she's like a rottweiller in trying to get you a deal!

• Like 1

Hopefully they'll allow this one to be specced up without the 17" alloys

Couldn't agree more..why they want to fit 17" wheels and low profile tyres with a speed rating of around 168 mph,...which also give an inferior ride quality... on a Prius is beyond me,plus, to replace one of the tyres would be very expensive because of the speed rating..would rather see the cost of these spent on a better quality interior....

Did you try any brokers Skateruk or just go to dealer?

Dealer offered £2000 off straight away but still no where near brokers prices.

Sorry Grumpy Cabbie, I live in the wilds of the North, not sure how I ended up with that location!