Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation In Headlamps And Rear Light Clusters

Syncopator

I took the vehicle in for the check on Tuesday.

The dealer plugged in one of these crafty modern diagnostic things and discovered nothing amiss. There's a register of faults, transient and otherwise, but there were no entries in it. Everything reads as it should.

During the verbal "autopsy" one of the technicians joined in and related the tale of his Aygo's consumption. It had originally achieved a disappointing m.p.g.. He regularly bought his fuel from the likes of Sainsburys (as I do), being one of the cheapest. He then started to buy only Shell and got a noticeably better m.p.g.

Upon leaving the dealership I filled up with Shell and reset the trip recorder. It will be some time yet before I need to buy more, but I will post here with my findings.

Not sure whether to post in this thread or start a new one. The latter seems more appropriate I think. Yes, I will call it something like "Further consumption figures for my Aygo".

• Like 1

The dealer plugged in one of these crafty modern diagnostic things and discovered nothing amiss. There's a register of faults, transient and otherwise, but there were no entries in it. Everything reads as it should.

During the verbal "autopsy" one of the technicians joined in and related the tale of his Aygo's consumption. It had originally achieved a disappointing m.p.g.. He regularly bought his fuel from the likes of Sainsburys (as I do), being one of the cheapest. He then started to buy only Shell and got a noticeably better m.p.g.

Upon leaving the dealership I filled up with Shell and reset the trip recorder. It will be some time yet before I need to buy more, but I will post here with my findings.

Not sure whether to post in this thread or start a new one. The latter seems more appropriate I think. Yes, I will call it something like "Further consumption figures for my Aygo".

Thanks and good luck with your fuel consumption. I know a lot of people say don't use supermarket fuels but until now I have filled up mainly at Sainsbury's yet get good mpg. I did fill up with Esso last time though!

What about the condensation problems?

David

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks and good luck with your fuel consumption. I know a lot of people say don't use supermarket fuels but until now I have filled up mainly at Sainsbury's yet get good mpg. I did fill up with Esso last time though!

David

David, when you next visit I would be very interested to know how you got on at the dealers with the condensation issues.

Thanks,

David

My g/f bought hers on the 15th January and I went and put £40 in to fill it up. She has not had to add to that in the month that has passed and has now covered nearly 400 miles and the guage is still showing half full. I have not calculated it but reckon she must be getting 60mpg.

My g/f bought hers on the 15th January and I went and put £40 in to fill it up. She has not had to add to that in the month that has passed and has now covered nearly 400 miles and the guage is still showing half full. I have not calculated it but reckon she must be getting 60mpg.

You need to note the mileage and the refill a few times to work out the average.

Be warned the needle moves slowly until the last few segments then it feels like you have a hole in your tank. ;)

David

David, when you next visit I would be very interested to know how you got on at the dealers with the condensation issues.

Thanks,

David

David

Thanks,

David

In order to make the warranty claim the dealer wanted photographs of the afflicted lights and the number plate. During my visit to get the computer readings the service manage noticed that the rear lights had condensation so their pictures were taken. I now have to wait until the front ones steam up a bit. Once that is done they will order the four replacements.

David

Thanks,

David

In order to make the warranty claim the dealer wanted photographs of the afflicted lights and the number plate. During my visit to get the computer readings the service manage noticed that the rear lights had condensation so their pictures were taken. I now have to wait until the front ones steam up a bit. Once that is done they will order the four replacements.

Interesting - thank you for that. So they will need to replace the units rather than repair?

My nearside front lights are permanently steamed up at this time of year! I guess I should pay a visit too!

David

Interesting - thank you for that. So they will need to replace the units rather than repair?

My nearside front lights are permanently steamed up at this time of year! I guess I should pay a visit too!

David

Yes, it seems an expensive (for them) solution. No mention was made of repair.