Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Got A T180 Tuning Box For Sale?

adam loughridge

iv had a t180 rav for a couple of years now,and still love it, apart from the fuel bill, lol. im in the middle of a few service parts, last week it had no power before 2400rpm, gave it a good service cleaned the egr out ports were completley blocked to the manifold and the valve itself wasnt much better, i also changed the diesel filter, took it for a test drive and it didnt seem any better, so after a chat with a mate who works for merc truck i ordered a revive kit in the hope that the variable vein turbo was maybe sticking or maybe the dpf clogged up, heres the kit details https://www.facebook.com/ReviveTurboCleaner

anyway it came in the post on thurs past, i took the car a drive that evening and much to my surprise itwas as good as new, turbo coming on when it should etc,

friday afternoon came allong with a phonecall from my wife to say that a kerb had jumped out in front of her and that she had a flat tyre, i called round to her work to find a hole in the sidewall of the front pass wheel. a few months ago i had change the front and back wheels to get the wear right for all tyres to be changed at the once, so now i had 2 nearly bald but inflated rear tyres, one good but burst front and another decent front, you all know whats coming and so did i.

i rang my local tyre shop who said they were taking nothing to do with rav4 wheels and said that there was only 3 places in northern ireland to get them done, i contacted the nearest one who said that it would be the end of next week before they could do the work and it would cost £880 plus vat, no thank you mr i said! and went home leaving my wife to nurse the car home when finnished work on the awesome runflat system NOT

so last night i set about cutting off all 4 tyres and cutting the runflat system off for good. i would higly reccomend doing this, its not a hard job and im sure most forum minded people would be fine, if you have a jigsaw to cut the tyre off in the middle of the tyre wall, then take your grinder 1mm thick cutting disk is best and cut through the steel runflat rim, then using a chisel spread the 2 pieces appart and cut the remaining rubber boot with a sharp knife. this job takes maybe an hour and 30 mins to do all 4 wheels but most of that is spent on the first one.

anyway the wheels needed a refurb so ive been out in the workshop all day getting them into shape for the new tyres on monday which by the way are costing £114 pet corner fitted and vat included so im happy now and know if my wife gets another flat any garage can sort it out for a reasonable cost.

Topic moved to the Wanted section, but link left in Rav4 club.

I know CharlieFarlie does have one for sale, but he's been banned, so you can't contact him on this site.

I know CharlieFarlie does have one for sale, but he's been banned, so you can't contact him on this site.

Eh? When, what happened, missed all that!? Must have been last month while I was away.

...........and he is right now selling his T180 Lindop Chip Kit.

I shall seek HIS permission to give you an email address at which he can be contacted, and will contact you via the PRIVATE (lol) MESSAGING SERVICE hereon.

To moderators who stay up all night.......it will be a PERSONAL email address for Charlie in order that the potential sale may proceed, not the address of any other new Forum or Rav4driversclub.com he is affiliated to.......the sale proceeding is what this Forum has always previously championed.......helping fellow members, regardless of car model.

FROSTY........nice wan.......moved a post, but explained your actions, and left a copy where originally posted. This action would have saved one load of pish going down before Christmas, que......?

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links