Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Guy Here

janagyjr

Hi all, my name is Alex. I love God, sometimes preach, teach, and lead bible studies (online via email and in-person). I've been born-again for almost 5 years, am married for almost 3. I enjoy studying the Bible, working hard, and growing ever closer to our Lord and Savior.

I also like spending time with friends and family, messing around on the Internet, and reading (mostly non-fiction these days).

I'm a foodie of sorts (I'll eat almost anything at least once), enjoy cooking and coming up with new recipes. Coffee is the number 1 drink in my house, followed by sweet tea, and milk.

God has given me a heart to serve and I do my best to put my talents to His use. In that vein, my church is training me to become a biblical deacon though in honesty the only thing left is the ordination and laying on of hands. I am by no means perfect but I know that the more of myself that is removed from the equation the better suited I'll be to serve God.

Of course my reason for being here is that I'm a very happy Toyota owner. I've been an owner for almost 2 years. My first vehicle was a 1996 Toyota Camry, which I traded for a 1989 Toyota pickup (4x4, 22re engine, 5-speed manual). I'm absolutely in love with my truck, though I would love to own another '96 Camry (I had the 2.4L 4-cyl auto) again. Aside from the lack of care on the truck from the previous owner, I have no complaints about either vehicle. I can be found on another Toyota forum/site (I don't know what the policy on those links are here, so PM me if your interested in knowing) but came here as I'm really wanting to find not just a Toyota Owner's Club, but I want to find a local one with local meet-ups and with whom I could pick their brain as I become my own mechanic. I look forward to meeting all of you and learning more about this absolutely wonderful line of vehicles.

Edited by Raistlin

Hello Joseph - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thanks for the welcome, Frosty. Where would you suggest a newbie such as myself start out here on this site?

It really depends what interests you. As you have a 4x4, the Toyota Hilux/Surf club may be relevant.

Proverbs 12:1 (New King James Version) in your signature may be a tad too aggressive for some of our more outspoken members may I suggest you moderate it :)

Proverbs 12:1 (New King James Version) in your signature may be a tad too aggressive for some of our more outspoken members may I suggest you moderate it :)

Though I didn't put any particular translation (I've become partial to AKJV here recently, though), what would you suggest? Would referencing Psalm 15 be alright?

Though I didn't put any particular translation (I've become partial to AKJV here recently, though), what would you suggest? Would referencing Psalm 15 be alright?

Works for me.. ;)