Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3.5Mm Iq Jack For Audio

EastLondonGuy

Hi,

Can someone recommend a cable for an iPod and iPhone 5. Both use different connectors. The former has the long connector whilst the latter has the new lightning connector (small head).

Just wondering whether people use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable or bespoke cable as I want to make sure whatever I buy works in terms of capatibility and sound quality.

Furthermore, on a last note, do you need to switch the audio to AUX for it to pick up the connected device?

Cheers.

• Like 1

The cheapest option would be to use a 3.5 mm lead and yes you do need to select Aux.

• Like 1

Are you using it in conjunction with the multi media Tns510 or 350 sat nav? As if so you could use bluetooth for the iPhone 5 and a 3.5-3.5 for the ipod

Remember, if using via a USB input via Apple 30pin connector on a Tns510, then it doesn't have a charging function. Only on the newer Tns350 its been implimented. For the Tns510 there is a "Ipod kit" which has to be instakked from the Tns510 to a spare cover plate next to the anti skid button on the center console. Approx £150 with the fly lead to the ipod. Or you could just get a cheap charger and plug it into the aux power socket for charging.

The advantage of the ipod kit is that you track lists on screen

David

• Like 1

I have an iQ with the standard built in radio and I have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and it works fine. Something like this..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251269112686

You need to use the controls on the phone but you have no choice with the standard radio as there is no display for the track names.

You can get a bluetooth add on which will make the cable redundant and off course makes your phone hands free but I don't expect that comes cheap. :)

Craig.

I use this with my HTC One X

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HTC-A100-Stereo-Audio-Bridge/dp/B007IVCCIC

Excellent - but obviously more expensive than a cable .... but waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler.

It should work with an bluetooth enabled phone not just HTC.

I also have the HTC hands free with looks good in the iQ and works very well.

I use this with my HTC One X

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HTC-A100-Stereo-Audio-Bridge/dp/B007IVCCIC

Excellent - but obviously more expensive than a cable .... but waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler.

It should work with an Bluetooth enabled phone not just HTC.

I also have the HTC hands free with looks good in the iQ and works very well.

Cool, thanks for that.

Thanks for the advice guys.

That bluetooth 3.5mm bridge looks awesome but the burning question is whether iPhones work with it?

If not, I will revert to 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

Thanks for the advice guys.

That Bluetooth 3.5mm bridge looks awesome but the burning question is whether iPhones work with it?

If not, I will revert to 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

I can't see why not as long as the I Phone supports A2DP

Found this thread

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3541381

Some of the early iphones 3G and 3GS had a different bluetooth layer stack ver1.1 and were not compatible with some equipment but it was changed in the later ones from 4 upwards. My guess the answer would be yes

David

Thanks to Dark Matter I searched eBay for something similar and found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350945678679?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It arrived today and I must say I am really impressed with it. I didn't even realise it also did hands free for calls as well until I got it. Excellent value for £10.

WP_20140131_004_zpsedc0fa2e.jpg

WP_20140131_003_zpsea3260cc.jpg

I honestly didn't realise my car was so dusty inside, the flash has really highlighted it :(

EDIT: I just checked the link and now the seller has put it up to £30. What's all that about ?

The mic works ok down there as well, thought it might not pick up my voice too well but she said she could here me ok. Mind you that was with engine off not driving. Wonder if they made a mistake originally posting it at £10?

I think I might be able to stick it somewhere higher up and use the supplied 3.5 to 3.5 cable and hide the wires, I will look into that in the daylight.

Yes my Tns 350 has the mic on the front facia and is not so good with the twin port exhaust droning away and sometimes i have to kind of lean over the steering wheel to be heard.clearly. May resurrect the original tns510 mic and patch that in

David

• 2 weeks later...

They are a tenner now chaps - I just ordered one!