Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Intermittent Problem

captain avensis

Every now and again the radio goes dead and the CD says error if it's playing at the time. A good thump next to it gets it going again. I've had it out and all the connections seem ok. When I go to stick it back in again the fault occurs. I guess there might be a break in the wires somewhere, unless this is a common problem

or something you've come across before.... seems to have got worse recently. please help if you can. love my old 2001 Avensis. It really is bulletproof.

captain avensis

• Like 1

I agree with Raistlin.

It may be possible that due to age, the CD radio has a dry joint internally.

Also, there could be something wrong with the power supply or earth connections. I go for the unit being at fault.

If I were you, be ready to look out for a replacement unit, if a fix is not possible.

Konrad

well it's working ok again at present, so I'll see how it goes. If it starts playing up again I'll take it out and blow some switch cleaner in it. That might shock it into action. sometimes

a good clean works wonders.

thanks for your suggestions.

• Like 1

Sounds like your stereo instead of cabling. They are not unknown to have dry solder joints, fm loss issues etc..

If you could pull the radio, remove the bottom cover and look for a bank of solder joint (approx 20 iirc) and touch up the joints with fresh solder. What fault comes up for the cd player?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links