Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missed A Service, Get That Service Done Or Skip To Next Service

gredawarha

Morning all,

We have a 2011 Toyota Yaris which has been serviced every 10k miles however due to the usual excuses we have missed the 40k service which is a full service.

Current mileage is around 46k mark so the next service is due on 50k.

I intend to book it in for the next available appointment but do I book it in for the 40k full service knowing that I will then have to book it in again for the intermediate service in less than 4k miles.

Or do I book it in for or the 40k full service and skip the 50k?

Or would someone suggest something else.

If moeny were no object I would just book it in late and then carry on with the schedule but for us two services in such a short period of time is a pretty big outlay.

I appreciate that had we paid more attention we would not be in this situation but I would appreciate any comments anyone might have.

Thanks

Darren

I would get the 40k service done now and then get the 50k service done when you're done another 10k (i.e. at 56k) or 1 year from now.

• Like 1

I would get the 40k service done now and then get the 50k service done when you're done another 10k (i.e. at 56k) or 1 year from now.

Thanks Dave.

Anyone else have any comment or agree with Dave?

Many thanks

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Get the full 40,000 mile service done. The next service will be due in 10,0000 miles (at 56,000) or 1 year - whichever occurs first - rather than at 50,0000.

Be aware though that being overdue on the service by 6,000 miles, you have probably invalidated the Toyota new car warranty. Check with your dealer and Toyota GB.

If you have invalidated the warranty, this may have an effect on the resale value of your car should you be looking to change in the short term.

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Get the full 40,000 mile service done. The next service will be due in 10,0000 miles (at 56,000) or 1 year - whichever occurs first - rather than at 50,0000.

Be aware though that being overdue on the service by 6,000 miles, you have probably invalidated the Toyota new car warranty. Check with your dealer and Toyota GB.

If you have invalidated the warranty, this may have an effect on the resale value of your car should you be looking to change in the short term.

Thanks MIke

I shall go ahead and have the car booked in for 40k and then again at the 56k. I thought it might cause issues with the warranty. It's the wifes car and I'm not too sure how long the warranty is for. I doubt very much that we would be looking at selling it any time soon though.

A Toyota first registered in 2011 would have come with a 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty - so you may have lost between 2 years and 2 years 11 months (approx. 40 to 60%) of the new car warranty, depending when in 2011 it was first registered.

A Toyota first registered in 2011 would have come with a 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty - so you may have lost between 2 years and 2 years 11 months (approx. 40-60%) of the new car warranty, depending when in 2011 it was first registered.

Thanks MIke. Helpful information. Spoke with the missus and she has no intention on selling the car. In her words "no way, this car will be run into the ground". Slightly worrying knowing her driving skills!

So the likely consequence is that any mechanical failure in the next 3 years will need us to stump up for rather than being covered. Well if that is the case we only have ourselves to blame.

My last car was a BMW 3 Series which used to indicate when it was due for a service. Relying on the missus is not as reliable. Lesson learned!