Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amp Query?

gambo

I am nearly there with my install although i have a small query......i am installing a 100W active Mini-sub under my seat (Blaukpunt) it is amplified and i have wired up the red/yellow/black wires into my HU wires (if you know what i mean)......it is working no probs with that setup although it is very quiet.........would it perform better if i wired it straight to the Battery instead and if so where would i put the yellow lead, the black, i would put to the securing bolt on the seat. Many thanx to any replies in advance.

Hi mate!

Your are right in thinking that your subs quiet because its only getting the power from the HU cable. you really want a nice thick power cable running streight from the Battery. You will need to earth the amp from a bolt attached through the chassis, if there are platic washers or anything where the seat is mounted then its not going to earth, but its probably the best place to do it off the top of my head. the yellow wire (if red is +ve and black is -ve) is the cable which turns the amp of when you turn the key to off, if its not connected then your amp will always be on and will suck all the power from your batter, this usually connects to one of the head unit wires. So id go for:

red from Battery to amp.

Black from amp to bolt holding one of the seats in place

yellow to the 'switch-off' wire from your head unit (soz its late and i cant remember the correct name for the wire lol)

Hope that helps

Good luck

Panzer

• 2 weeks later...

Its called the remote wire, and mine is blue, not yellow...

Basically, get 8 gauge red wire from Battery, connect it to amp. Get remote wire, connect it from Head unit to amp. you will find the connection at the back of the ISO connector of the head unit. and the black 8 gauge ground wire to the chassis of the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links