Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Ordered A New Aygo!

Wiz201

I'm taking advantage of their pcp deal with 0% finance and free insurance for a year. Decided in the end to stay with Toyota due to their 5 year warranty (even though I've got the option to swap after three years) so with minimal service costs and no MOT it will be cheaper to run.

White colour, Move with Style, MMT transmission! Dealer did a deal on my yaris with its part ex price 5100 so I'll get a bit of cash back which is a bonus. Going to have it plated and taxed in March too so it'll be a 2014 car. Very exciting!

Congratulations - I'm sure you'll be pleased with your new Aygo. Will it be the Cirrus White or the Two Tone Nero Blanco?

I've gone with the Cirrus White, decided protection pack with reversing sensors was more important than a metallic colour, and its not like I can appreciate the colour sitting inside a car lol.

Similar scenario when I bought my present Auris - and I also fancied trying white for a change.

If you're also considering GAP insurance, have a look at: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/150128-gap-insurance-discount-for-toc-members/

• Like 1

I will be looking at gap insurance as the dealer's cost was about £300. Will need to know date of car pick up first so don't need to worry about that for a few weeks.

You shouldn't pay more than £200 for 3 years of 'back to invoice' GAP and dealers will rob you. Also check your insurance as some policies will replace the car in the first year anyway.

• Like 1

You shouldn't pay more than £200 for 3 years of 'back to invoice' GAP and dealers will rob you. Also check your insurance as some policies will replace the car in the first year anyway.

I will be ringing them as I need to add myself plus any other drivers on Toyota's insurance, I'll know this once I get the delivery date.

With some GAP insurers you can take out a GAP policy any time within 90 days of taking delivery, and you can also transfer the remainder of the cover to another car. You cannot avoid the possibility of having some double cover, but you can reduce the effect. Also some GAP policies go up to four years.

Thing to watch with the car insurers clause of replacing a car if it is more than 50% damaged and is within 12 months of first registration, is that some insurers have added to the clause that one has to be the first registered keeper. Although this won't affect Isobel, it makes owners with pre-registered cars and owners who have purchased a used car which is less than 1 year old, ineligible under this clause.

For example, I think with www.ala.co.uk, on a £12,000 car you can get cover for 4 years for around £169 - slightly less with the TOC 7% discount.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I know my step sister who has a ford ka on pcp only pays about £2 or £3 a month for her gap insurance, does that sound about right?

Mike is right-I didn't say because you were obviously the first registered keeper.

It is true that most GAP policies insist you take out cover when the car is new even if you cannot use it for the first 12 months but there is at least one who will let you take it out on any car up to 8 years old and after it being one year old.

I don't want to upset the sponsors here so I won't name names.

I was looking at Gap123 just now, I'd want a length of cover for only 3 years anyway subject to whether I want to swap for another car when the pcp lease term ends, and went for the middle of the road credit limit 7500, they're quoting £85. Does that £85 premium cover the three years? If it does then that's a pretty good price.

Usually the quotes are for the period of the policy - ie 3 years, etc.

I've looked at the Gap123 website. Being a Member of Which?, I'm not sure whether their information on the Which? report is accurate - certainly in terms of the Which? quote they are using to promote their service. So I've raised a question with Which? directly.

• Like 1

Just drove the new Hyundai i10 today and I can say that it beats the older cars like Aygo, the old i10 and others by mles length. It was very stable on the road, less noise from the engine, sleek gear change, lot of finesse inside the car, wow! I drove at speed above 120/km/h and it felt very stable and felt like I was driving a bigger car! The only car that can compete with it is the VW up/skoda citigo. Toyota and Citroen/Peugeot have an up hill task of making the new model Aygo better than new i10 and VW Up. AND keep the price competetive. If I was forced to buy a new car today, it would be VW Up or new Hyundai i10.

It would be a bit worrying for Hyundai if it wasn't better than the current Aygo/107/C1 and previous i10.

One of the reasons that Hyundai have moved European market production of the new i10 from India to Turkey (to the same plant that builds the current i20 for the European market - and will be building the new i20 due towards the end of 2014) was to improve the build quality. The new i10 shares a lot with the current Kia Picanto.

It is also thought that Hyundai won't be discounting the new i10 as much as the original, in order to sell more i20's.

However, this week's Autocar wasn't as impressed - branding the new i10 as being largely charmless, melting away into the middle of the class full of similar offerings, and no longer class leading as the original i10 was. They liked the 'big car' practicality, motorway stability and neat, modern styling. They didn't like the charmless interior, unengaging handling, and ponderous performance (it was the 1.0 litre i10 they tested).

Only issue with moving towards VAG (VW, Seat and Skoda in this market segment) is the much poorer warranty when compared to both Hyundai and Toyota. In the UK, VAG offer a 3 years/60,000 miles warranty (2 years manufacturer and 1 year dealer network) and limited coverage for wear and tear items of six months/6,500 miles. Components subject to wear and tear include, but are not limited to:
Brake linings and disc pads
Clutch release bearings
Clutch pressure plates and centre plates
Tyres
Wiper Blades (wiper rubbers have no warranty owing to their conditions of use)
Seat and backrest covers
Floor coverings
Spark plugs
Batteries for key fobs and alarms
Light bulbs
Shock Absorbers

The current Aygo/107/C1 has had a long production run of 9 years (2005 - 2014) when compared to most cars in this market segment, so really is overdue for replacement. Hopefully, the new Aygo/108/C1 will bring things up to date for Toyota/PSA, whilst retaining some of the current car's character.

Just drove the new Hyundai i10 today and I can say that it beats the older cars like Aygo, the old i10 and others by mles length. It was very stable on the road, less noise from the engine, sleek gear change, lot of finesse inside the car, wow! I drove at speed above 120/km/h and it felt very stable and felt like I was driving a bigger car! The only car that can compete with it is the VW up/skoda citigo. Toyota and Citroen/Peugeot have an up hill task of making the new model Aygo better than new i10 and VW Up. AND keep the price competetive. If I was forced to buy a new car today, it would be VW Up or new Hyundai i10.

I looked at I10 but they are quite expensive compared to Aygo, and their interest rate on the finance was high too. Don't know whether its true or not, but when I test drove an Aygo MMT the salesman told me the ECU had new software put on it.

The citago is competitive in price, but the free insurance did it for me this time. I've got another chance to choose in three years time so I can always change my mind.

As far as the MMT goes, Toyota has a long experience with that gear box and I am sure has improved it many a times. VW seems to be struggling with that gear box (reading from the VW Up forum).

BUT Aygo is rather old in refinement and needs a new model and needs it soon if it is not going to be eclipsed by the new comers. As far as the car tests by motoring magazines are concerned, I rely more on my experience then on their verdicts. Their verdicts for me is no more than a pointer as to what I should consider or what I should test when I am doing the test. It finally boils down to one's own experience wiith the car.

Who would have thought just a few years ago that these small cars would be so advanced (even in safety features) and so refined. It is always fun testing them. I can not wait for the new Aygo. What is Toyota going to pull out of its hat next with the new Aygo, I wonder!

I'm hoping they introduce a CVT transmission into the Aygo, if they do I'm swapping for one of those!

I'm waiting to see if the next Aygo will have HSD :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...

Another question, my yaris's breakdown cover is due for renewal, I'm thinking of cancelling it since a likliehood of a breakdown in the next four weeks with it having a two week holiday from driving is very unlikely. Does Toyota provide breakdown cover?

you'll get 1 year breakdown cover (currently serviced by the AA) "free" with your new Aygo. After that it is currently £64 per year via Toyota.

• Like 1

See: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners-info/roadside-assistance

If you don't wish to be without breakdown cover for the 4 weeks, you could take out Toyota Roadside Assistance on your Yaris, and when you get your Aygo, notify Toyota Roadside Assistance directly (not your dealer), and you can transfer the balance remaining of your cover to the new Aygo.

I was in a similar situation when I changed my 2009 Auris for a 2012 Auris, and it is easy.

That way you will end up with almost two years cover on the new car.

well I've got it really in case of a flat tyre and it needs the spare putting on, but even then I've managed to limp to a garage without air in a tyre so they can put the spare on like when it happened last month. Not recommended but it was only two miles. Kwik fit were very good and did it for free considering they didn't actually sell me a tyre. I think I'll cancel Greenflag and get some cover of my own when the Toyota cover runs out.