Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ordered New Auris Excel Hybrid

BJP

Have been looking to change my very reliable corolla 1.6 col/collection since Sept.

After spending many hours scouring this very informative and interesting forum, I have finally ordered an Auris hybrid excel for 14 plate, the selection has been deeply researched, with various test drives.

I am sure I have made the best choice, although there are one or two unhappy owners, I have optimism (hopefully not displaced) that the main problem of flat batteries has been resolved.

The short sightedness of no spare wheel has been sorted.

I was hanging fire on ordering till this year as TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEMS must be fitted to all new cars this year, but after trying to find a definitive answer as to when they are to be fitted to the Auris via various official Toyota customer lines I have been informed that it is to be around June.

Can't wait till then.

Tyre pressure monitoring is supposed to be fitted to all new car from November 2014.

Congratulations on your new purchase BJP - I hope your new Auris is as problem free for you as mine has been for me (3 months, 3000 miles and zero problems for me)

Congratulations on your new purchase. I do hope you do not get the Battery problem. Did your dealer assure you that the problem was sorted? You say the spare no spare wheel problem is sorted. Did you have to purchase the spare wheel and tools? The reason for my questions is that I am considering the Auris touring sport as a possible purchase later this year.

Congrats on your new car. I think the Auris Estate/Station Wagon is a fantastic looking car and could be a hit for Toyota. They just need to get that 12v issue sorted, which they will I'm sure, and then the sky's the limit.

I think they need to advertise the Estate version on tv more though. The hatch is a looker, but the Estate will suit families and company car drivers.

If I were still in the taxi game I'd trade the Prius in for the Auris HSD Estate in a heart beat.

Good choice of car, the estate version is the best looking Auris, and seems a very sensible long term buy.

Have been looking to change my very reliable corolla 1.6 col/collection since Sept.

After spending many hours scouring this very informative and interesting forum, I have finally ordered an Auris hybrid excel for 14 plate, the selection has been deeply researched, with various test drives.

I am sure I have made the best choice, although there are one or two unhappy owners, I have optimism (hopefully not displaced) that the main problem of flat batteries has been resolved.

The short sightedness of no spare wheel has been sorted.

I was hanging fire on ordering till this year as TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEMS must be fitted to all new cars this year, but after trying to find a definitive answer as to when they are to be fitted to the Auris via various official Toyota customer lines I have been informed that it is to be around June.

Can't wait till then.

Tyre pressure monitoring is supposed to be fitted to all new car from November 2014.

At present the legislation requires all new model types homologated after Nov 2012 to have TPMS as standard and for all passenger cars with less than 7 seats to have TPMS fitted as standard from November 2014.

The 2013 Auris retains the Type Approval of the 2007-12 Auris - which is why Toyota haven't needed to fit TPMS earlier.

Just another gadget to go wrong and cost £600 to fix.

For the last 100 years people check their tyres every week, month, quarter. Sure some don't, but do you really think those same people are going to bother checking just because a warning light comes up? Some will, many won't.

I'd be curious to know how many accidents and deaths have been directly attributed to low tyre pressures. Probably half a dozen, yet this is another extra cost onto the price of new cars. The EU looking after car part manufacturers in Germany and France again.

Question or criticize this and be called a luddite, but making this compulsory is questionable; an option is fine, compulsion is a step too far for me.

• Like 1

BJP picked our up yesterday mate, it's very nice :)

We got a spare wheel too. Actually not sure where the tools are. Will look tomorrow in the daylight!

Cheers

L & J

• Like 1

...If I were still in the taxi game I'd trade the Prius in for the Auris HSD Estate in a heart beat.

and that's exactly what the taxi firms in this part of Norfolk (Gt Yarmouth area) seem to have done - see at least haft a dozen a day now (but may be one or two repeat sightings).

BTW - were you PHV or Hackney?

... I was hanging fire on ordering till this year as TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEMS must be fitted to all new cars this year, but after trying to find a definitive answer as to when they are to be fitted to the Auris via various official Toyota customer lines I have been informed that it is to be around June.

Can't wait till then.

I've got this on my Prius and am very pleased with it: http://www.tyrepal.co.uk/products/tb99-4-or-5-wheel-tpms

...If I were still in the taxi game I'd trade the Prius in for the Auris HSD Estate in a heart beat.

and that's exactly what the taxi firms in this part of Norfolk (Gt Yarmouth area) seem to have done - see at least haft a dozen a day now (but may be one or two repeat sightings).

BTW - were you PHV or Hackney?

PHV, but the use was very similar to hackney. Some towns PHV is mainly airports and longer runs, but in my town it was both. Personally I hated the airport runs.

Why you ask?

.BTW - were you PHV or Hackney?

PHV,..Why you ask?

Just curious - in 2006 after nearly 30 years in IT and having owned a Mk1 Prius since 2002, I joined a firm starting up in London running Prius as a PHV service, and was a driver for their first year (worked in their office for several years after that).

I can't think of any other type of car that would have tempted me to make the switch - and I really enjoyed my year in a Prius minicab - sadly it bu****ed up the circulation in my legs and I had to give it up after 12 months

.BTW - were you PHV or Hackney?

PHV,..Why you ask?

Just curious - in 2006 after nearly 30 years in IT and having owned a Mk1 Prius since 2002, I joined a firm starting up in London running Prius as a PHV service, and was a driver for their first year (worked in their office for several years after that).

I can't think of any other type of car that would have tempted me to make the switch - and I really enjoyed my year in a Prius minicab - sadly it bu****ed up the circulation in my legs and I had to give it up after 12 months

Would that be the same London PHV service that uses Prii almost exclusively and thus is used by everyone as an example that Prius are reliable cars in city use, and could be run to high miles, when everyone in the 'game' knows they mainly did long airport runs which is easy on a car.

My car was used 90% in town doing start stop all its life and is probably why it is worn out at 80,000 miles. It's a nice comfortable ride, but it is a delicate thoroughbred and not able to stand the strain. If I were in the taxi job I'd go back to a diesel. I think it depends on the town and use of the 'taxi'. Some areas it's mainly long(er) runs, some get onto the bypass once in a while to stretch their legs. In my town I'd rarely go outside of the 5 square miles of the town centre, never legally get over 30 mph and was stopping before I'd hardly started. My Peugeot managed that use fine, the Prius couldn't.

Still a nice car to drive, which is why I've kept it.

ps. I hear you about health issues from that job. I did it for 10 years and lost 2.5 stone when I left. When I see my old colleagues on their website it's alarming to see how big they all are. Not good for you at all. In many ways I'm glad I'm out of it.

Just another gadget to go wrong and cost £600 to fix.

For the last 100 years people check their tyres every week, month, quarter. Sure some don't, but do you really think those same people are going to bother checking just because a warning light comes up? Some will, many won't.

I've got TPMS on two of our cars, but still check the pressures every couple of weeks - I think they are only good at showing when you have a real problem and the tyre is going down quickly.

Would that be the same London PHV service that uses Prii almost exclusively ...

Yup! That's the one. Estimate at least half my PHV mileage was in 50-60-70 mph zones during my year, but that still left a lot of the 47,000 miles I clocked up being done in crawling London traffic - though this is less stressful in a Hybrid than just about anything else IMHO.