Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Filters

dmann436

purchased an oil filter for my 2000 tundra 4x4 V8 from my 'trusty' toyota dealer, after getting home and looking at the box, it's made in tawain. I went online to check on a filter rating and of the many filters subject to dissasembly and analysis the toyota filters are not mentioned. now I know we have a lot of 'crap' made in china and most of it isn't worth a dime, but I'll be danged if I put their crap on a $34,000.00 truck. does anyone have any info on toyota'a oil filters? This seems scary that unsuspecting motorist are getting made in china oil filters on their vehicles. needless to say I returned it

• 2 weeks later...

I've been real happy with the quality or the purolator filters especaly the "pureone" most people think it is over built and over kill. But thats the way I am.

hey thomcat, I use Mobil 1 oil and filters, was going to cut cost a bit with a "genuine" toyota filter, actually it was made in mayalsia, must be somewhere close to china!!

purchased an oil filter for my 2000 tundra 4x4 V8 from my 'trusty' toyota dealer, after getting home and looking at the box, it's made in tawain. I went online to check on a filter rating and of the many filters subject to dissasembly and analysis the toyota filters are not mentioned. now I know we have a lot of 'crap' made in china and most of it isn't worth a dime, but I'll be danged if I put their crap on a $34,000.00 truck. does anyone have any info on toyota'a oil filters? This seems scary that unsuspecting motorist are getting made in china oil filters on their vehicles. needless to say I returned it

dmann436,

Making oil filter is not a rocket science, not even high tech, it really doesn't matter where it is made. The most important is the material used, or the amount of filter element. So, brand name and reputation are more important.

BTW, China popped their men/women into space. Americans walked on the moon but make lousy cars, compared to Japanese and German.

autodriver

Tundras are made in the USA by AMERICANS!

I do agree on the contents IN the filter, but give me a filter with a high recommendation made in the USA and I'll feel better everytime I start my truck!

btw, I use Mobil 1 syn oil and filters

That is my point. As long as Tundra factory here in US follows Toyota Corporation in Japan's manufacturing procedure, ... quality control, ... American made Tundras are as good as any Japanese made Toyota vehicles, provided their don't keep the American culture (what an insult)

Chinese make lots of cheap lousy products because of their standard of quality control and target of market. But if they follow Toyota Corporation's quality requirement in making oil filters, their oil filters should be as good as any Toyota oil filters made in US or Japan or Germany. The point is whether Toyota oil filters as good as Mobil-1 oil filter. It is not where they are made.

It seems that Chinese did better jobs than Americans in spaceship development because they have less failure than Americans did, probably not even one failure so far. Reason? Chinese popped one rocket in 1-2 years because of the budget. Americans popped one rocket in 1-2 months in the high of Cold War. Last week, Americans have to borrowed Russians' spacesuits because those American made failed. Russians don't make good TV, cars, ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links