Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post Service Query

JB0

I got my service completed from local toyota garage. I had a 4 wheel laser alignment done and they also took the wheels off and performs a service to stop the steering wheel from juddering.

I have not driven the car at all since yesterday.

The steering wheel slightly locks or moves to the left sometimes. Should this still be happening?

Also, I suspect there is still a slight vibration or shake to steering wheel. Is this normal.

Thanks for all advice you give folks.

Agreed - take it back.

Will they take it back for free?

I would have definitely thought so, take it back straight away.

They said come back on Monday and they will take it for a test drive. Quick question, if you're driving straight and steering wheel turns to the left ( when you let hands go off steering wheel), is that normal?

I'm not an expert, but it depends on the camber of the road.

Most roads are slightly higher in the middle then at the sides to allow for drainage, so your LH wheels are very slightly lower then your RH wheels, so the car has a very slight bias to go left,

Try and find a level surface, a car park for instance, and try it there, not a good idea to let go of the wheel though, and be careful of parked cars, one of them could be mine!

The Auris needs the steering to be set with Toe In. Mine was set parallel and it was very camber sensitive (i.e. pulled to the left on most UK roads). When it was readjusted with Toe In the problem disappeared. From memory I think the spec is 1deg Toe In +/- 1deg i.e. 0 to 2deg.

Andy.