Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlights Problem.

Oilkid

Hi

I wonder if anyone can assist to what the likely problem could be with the Low Beam Lighting(or lack of) on one's car. Lights were working fine yesterday. Today no Low Beam (sidelights and highbeam work ok).

I've checked the usual suspects (Fuses) and ok. Both bulbs have been checked and ok also. It looks like it may be a broken wire/earth or faulty relay switch??

Has anyone had this problem before? Are there any wiring diagrams for the lights for a wee bit of assistance in tracking down the culprit.or even the location of the relay in the engine bay for the lights.

Any help appreciated

Jason

It's not unusual for headlight bulbs to fail together - and since dipped beam has the greatest use - this is often first to fail. Check the bulbs before digging deeper.

I have Just looked at the attached circuit diagram and suprisingly I cannot see a relay (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

Definitely double check the obvious first, but It looks like you need to trace the circuit through with a meter or employ the services of an auto electrician. If you find you have a faulty switch you can often find these at car breakers for a fraction of the cost of a new part.

Good luck

Ian

Headlights.pdf

I found a couple of other documents that you might find useful.

If you need more information, I would recommend Toyota tech site.

Hours download for a couple of euros

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/

Ian

b_howto.pdf

Passanger side JB.pdf

Drivers side JB.pdf

Connector list.pdf

Hi

Thanks for the info so far. I've had a wee look at the PDF's you have uploaded Ian. I too find it strange not to go through a relay of some sort for the switching, unless the drawing shows it as the terminals all tagged IF1 (4OFF) ??. Thats where the relay would be normally to do the low/high current switching.

Not had the time to look at them properly and will a look at them later (just waiting till the wind and rain pick up) I'll multimeter the bulbs and check for voltage at the connectors at lights and fuse box and take it from there.

Any more info appreciated, especially info on the relays in the engine bay, if they exist

Again thanks for the help

Jason.

Have you tried just using some sprays to clean the contacts of the bulbs and the other connectors or the circuit? Might be something as simple as that :)

• 5 years later...

my 2014 rav 4 did not come with fog lights so I put them in and now I don't have high beams I do not have power to high beam fuses in fuse box under hood don't know if I broke wire trying to t tap to fog lights does anyone know what wire on tb 56 gives power to high beams or ony sugestions  no power to high beam fuses