Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trade In Of Sr180

DDT

Well I struggled along with fuel economy as many have and it seems that the SR180 has a marked card as trade-in values aren't great because everyone knows how expensive they are to run.

Just made a deal to trade in for a Volvo C30 drive to switch for something 0 road tax and a claimed 80MPG but still a nice comfy high spec hatchback on a 60 plate. My SR180 is a late 58 (2009) with several additional factory-fitted extras such as voice activated bluetooth and the I-pod adaptor so still high spec and not that much older than the replacement car.

Now here comes the numbers.....generally I was getting offered up to 3,500 trade in for the 2.2 litre Auris against a 10-11k for a similar aged car in the Volvo when downsizing to a 1.6 diesel. I did shop around (a lot) and spent several hours haggling on the once I finally ended up buying but it just seems so crazy. I was downsizing for economy and the difference in values is quite surprising.

I am regretful that I need to part with my Auris as it has been a great car for the last couple of years and hasn't caused any problems other than bad fuel consumption. Increasing business mileage means that it isn't really viable anymore and the new car is also a cracker.

So this is farewell I guess and I just wanted to give others a heads up on my experience - good luck all!

Paddy Lad - I got it in orange too just as you suggested mate :)

Considering that Parker's value an average mileage model at approx £6k, there's something seriously amiss here .......

What sort of mileage has it done ?

We don't know either the condition or the mileage - so there is little one can use to judge how realistic the trade-in offers are. Owners usually think the condition, and hence value, is better than it is. Previously I have found Parkers to offer optimistic trade-in prices. More realistic are either Glasses or CAP.

Mileage was an issue at 94k but condition was excellent and with full Toyota service history, tyres were Goodyear Eagle F1 assy 2 and 3 weeks old so full tread. 12 months MOT, 6 months tax a recent full service. With all receipts and records and both keys. I even had it valeted and cleaned/polished/waxed before the trade valuation - you could eat your dinner off it.

Lovely car and I guess I am biased but sorry to see it go and for such a low deposit hurts. I am looking fwd to the new car though....Every cloud.....:)

Far too cheap trade in value but at least you got what you wanted bud, cost you less in the long run I suppose

Is it white 3 door? I saw one on eBay from a trader with similar mileage!

Thanks, yes I am looking forward to the new car but will miss the Auris.

I forgot to say also sound proofed and just had air con serviced and new brakes all round as well....whoever gets it from the auction is on to a right winner as I've probably spent what I got as trade in with upkeep in the last year lol.

Not mine on eBay - it's dark metallic blue and I still have it....swap for the Volvo on Saturday mate. And I did get a bit more in the end for the swap (£4,150) which is a bit more like it after all half of it is brand new and I spent ages polishing it before I went down to the garage :O