Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie What Do I Need To Know ?

beerbelly

Hello Folks,

Newbie Here,just seeking some advice,

Have just bought a Carina E 1997 2.0 GLi ,26,500 from new ,one old boy owner with a full service documented service history in lovely condition.

The car runs and drives perfectly and I have read that they can run to high mileages if looked after.

Was just wondering if there is anything I need to keep am eye on or any known weaknesses I should watch out for ????

Any advice would be greatly received

Beerbelly

Hi,

Sounds ike you hav bought a peach of a car, I really liked my Carina e. On Honest John's website oil changes every six months are suggested. On mine water was finding it's way into one of the rear light custers which corroded a bulbholder. The seal around the top of the unit had deteriorated with age. Otherwise, injectors seem to fail between 100,000 and 150,000 but that is a long way away for you. From general opinion the 2 L you have is smooth and bulletproof.

They really are comfy, relaible, spacious and economical cars. Enjoy it.

Matt

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links