Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

54 Plate Corolla Verso Problem With Wet Rear Seats

Stressed mum of 3

Hi - I'm new to the forum, and hope that someone might be able to help. I discovered this morning that my 6th & 7th 'pop up' seats are soaking wet. I have been experiencing excessive condensation inside the car and am now guessing this is where it's coming from. Additionally, my ac has not worked correctly for months, in spite of having been re-gassed. I cannot see any signs of where the wet is coming from (roof trim and all carpets appear OK), but the seats are sodden. I've seen a random post about a disconnected a/c pipe somewhere inside the car and wonder if the two are linked. Any ideas? I've called my local dealership and they can't even be bothered to return my call....Thanks so very much

Topic moved to the Verso club.

Hello Helen - welcome to Toyota Owners club.

Sometimes the air conditioning evaporator pipe gets blocked, resulting in leaks into the front footwell - but this isn't your problem.

Have you checked the spare wheel well to see whether there is any water beneath the spare wheel (take the spare wheel out)?

• 3 months later...

i had this issue and solved it.

rainwater is coming in via the boltholes that hold the struts for the boot doors. remove bolt a wee bit, a little bit of silicone around bolt and relock down.

Issue solved. You can check by using water hose and you will see it coming into the boot at the catch.

• Like 1

We need a wiki or a return of the old knowledge base to record little tidbits like this!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links